PDA

View Full Version : A very proud and humbling weekend.

thebigticker
12-10-12, 09:11 PM
Front and center... Our Marine after dismissal on December 7th from MCRD 1st Battalion Bravo Company Platoon 1034.

Thank you all for answering questions along the path thus far and for writing letters supporting him through boot camp.

Very proud and humbled by his accomplishment in joining the ranks among you.

SGT7477
12-10-12, 09:53 PM
Congrats to you and your son, Semper Fidelis.

fl1946
12-10-12, 10:26 PM
Congratulations. Now go forth and be true to the values and dictum impressed upon you by the Corps. You are now the bearer of a history and tradition to those who went before you. It is our honor to have you in our Corps. Remember, God, Country and now your Corps.

Semper fi,

Staff Sergeant of the Marines
RVN '67. Lima 3/4, Delta, 1/9
III MAF

fl1946
12-10-12, 11:04 PM
And I second the motion to what Dave just said. Good job, pop.

Rocky C
12-11-12, 03:04 PM
Congrats Kevin to You and Your Son.

Tell our New Brother I said " Semper Fi ".

thebigticker
12-11-12, 09:06 PM
Thanks you all for the kind comments...but I can take very little credit. The Lord saw fit to bless me with a very wonderful family... and now through my son a wonderful extended family.

It's been a great spending time with him this week. I remember expressing concern to Dave early on in this process about how the Corps will "change" him. Dave responded that he will only be "improved", that he will still be the same person but the good qualities already there will only get better. Well Dave you were spot on. New, improved, more confident and mature are words I use to describe the finished product of the MCRD.

I gotta say his mother sure appreciates the help around the house because nothing is out of place with him around!

rickyracer
12-12-12, 01:30 AM
Congrats! ! !

He is now a MARINE for the rest of his life.

DrZ
12-12-12, 07:42 AM
Kevin,
When we see pictures of boot graduation...we all flash back to our graduation. We might not have worn the exact same thing....but we all know what your son AND you are feeling. Enjoy the changes you will see in him. Continue to support him because there will still be things that confuse him at times. It is the norm for all children.... Marines or not.

Ask your son to come visit us so we can welcome him into the family.

Kenneth Havelka
12-12-12, 08:25 AM
Congrats to you both and welcome aboard to the greatest fraternity in the world.Semper Fi

hussaf
12-13-12, 08:17 AM
Congrats! Hope he has fun at SOI this time of year!

thebigticker
12-17-12, 10:23 PM
Thank you all.

DrZ I'll make sure to suggest he reaches out on the site. I know he signed up when he was a poolee but I don't think he was on here much as he is kind of the exception to the rule of today's kids...he doesn't spend much time on the internet.
hussaf, duly noted. He made mention of the weather up North when they did the Crucible and it isn't getting any warmer! Warm socks were on his list for Christmas.