PDA

View Full Version : Guess Who's Coming In For X-Mas?

JAMarine
12-02-03, 08:03 PM
Hello All and Semper Fi.

Not only is my son coming home for Christmas but it looks like PFC Morgan Walker will be here as well. Morgan has been known here as ROCK, usmc2B (or something like that) and piglet. She will be arriving Dec. 26th I believe and staying with us for the remainder of the Holiday.

I wanted to let everyone know becasue she has been a supporter here for a couple of years. She has finish Basic Training.... yes I said Basic Training. She finished Army Basic Training in early November and is now at Ft.Gordon, GA taking her Advanced Individual Training.

If anyone wants to send her a card or whatever for the Holidays please contact me and I'll give you the address at my home for you to do so.

Thanks and Happy Holidays to everyone.

Fi

Sparrowhawk
12-02-03, 08:33 PM
I remember piglet and glad to hear she made it through basic training.

Glad your son will be home. I was lucky to have all of my five daughters with me for Thanksgiving, now they are all scattered every which way, but they have said that they will always get together on Chrismas eve at our home. I am looking forward to that.

Sempers

Cook

thedrifter
12-02-03, 08:44 PM
Great News Rich.....Being with Family during the Holidays...are the only way......

Morgan had so many names...we all could not keep up with her....LOL....I'm glad to hear that she accomplished her goals...and Wish her the Best for her Future......

Ellie.....

Lock-n-Load
12-03-03, 04:15 AM
:marine:Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year:marine:

SheWolf
12-03-03, 12:05 PM
Congrats to the new Army troop! and Good for you and your family that your son will be home for Christmas,,,,

I think that my son will be home for Christmas,, and then it's back to Iraq for 13 months,,, he just got home in September :no:
but he will do as he is assigned,,

once again,, glad yours is making it home for the holiday,,,

and to all here ,, MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY HANUKA,

hack4398
12-05-03, 08:55 AM
Merry Christmas to all of our Leathernecks.

For those that are going to be home-good for you. Enjoy the time, you have earned.

For those that are not home/deployed, thank you for being "on watch." May God bless you and bring you home safely.

Semper Fi

SheWolf
12-06-03, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by hack4398
Merry Christmas to all of our Leathernecks.

For those that are going to be home-good for you. Enjoy the time, you have earned.

For those that are not home/deployed, thank you for being "on watch." May God bless you and bring you home safely.

Semper Fi

well,,, just found out that my son may not be coming home before going back to Iraq...:no: :thumbdown

Lock-n-Load
12-06-03, 02:54 PM
:marine: Nothing for nothing....X-MAS signifies the stamping out of...Christ in Christmas...it crept into our merchants/markets in the early stages of WW2...I don't like what it symbolizes...nowadays,the PC jerks and other what have yous...have denied the Christ child in the manger from the public...enough is ENOUGH...it's Merry Christmas for US Christians...period]!!...MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!:marine:

firstsgtmike
12-06-03, 03:24 PM
X-MAS!

I was waiting for someone to respond to that. I'm surprised that it took so long.

Lock-n-Load
12-07-03, 08:51 AM
:marine: Awww/com'on Mike....is that all you have to say on this annual topic???:marine:

firstsgtmike
12-07-03, 10:22 AM
Lock-n-Load,

No, I already posted three, with perhaps more to follow.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11322

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11323

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11324

Lock-n-Load
12-07-03, 11:22 AM
Semper Fi:marine: That's more like it, Mike...after I shovel out from the 29" snow/blizzard I'll catch up...thx, Mike....does it ever snow in the Philippines??? :marine: Semper Fi

firstsgtmike
12-07-03, 11:50 AM
Snow in the Philippines?

Perhaps. There is a school of thought that when the polar icecaps load up, it changes the earth's equilibrium and you get a 45 degree correction. The poles become the equator and the equator becomes the poles.

That's supposed to happen about every forty million years.

However, with global warming and the deterioration of the ozone layer, it may take a little longer this time, and I'm afraid that I can't wait.

I'm too impatient. I hate it when busses, trains, boats or planes are late.

If I have to stick around a couple of extra million years, Nah!

But I do have a "white" Christmas card I'd like to share. I can e-mail it, but I haven't figured out how to post it.