PDA

View Full Version : Has any one seen allergy waivers?

jahuski35
11-18-12, 06:02 PM
Evening Marines,
My question is if any one has seen allergy waivers get denied or approved in the past. I am going back up to MEPS sometime to get allergy paperwork done and hopefully get it approved. Was wondering if any has been through or seen the same thing that I am going through right now. Thanks for the responses in advance.

Rocky C
11-18-12, 06:18 PM
What's the Allergy ?

jahuski35
11-18-12, 06:55 PM
Several things, cat, dust mites, and several pollens. I cant remember all the things. But have also started allergy shots, to get rid of my allergies if that would help at all.

Lisa 23
11-18-12, 06:57 PM
Evening Marines,
My question is if any one has seen allergy waivers get denied or approved in the past. I am going back up to MEPS sometime to get allergy paperwork done and hopefully get it approved. Was wondering if any has been through or seen the same thing that I am going through right now. Thanks for the responses in advance.

jahuski35 PM'd me and asked that the following be added to his post........

"Also, forgot to mention but when i was at MEPS i was asked if I was allergic to anything, I put down hazel nut. The thing is, is that it didn't match the papers that I gave to my recruiters. Now there is this whole fuss over it and i had to get tested for hazel nuts and a few other things. That is all over and done with so like I said i am going to Meps to get the paperwork sent in."
Thank you.

Rocky C
11-18-12, 07:13 PM
Well it's about time :).

Good luck to you, hope it all works out.

jahuski35
12-10-12, 08:40 PM
If any one is curious, my paperwork to apply for an allergy waiver was sent in last Monday, or December 3rd. Will keep up to date if i get any word on it.

m14ed
12-11-12, 03:15 AM
Good Luck with it Lad...

Just because we've been hard on you in the past,
doesn't mean we aren't behind you in the present,
and the future.

Ed

jahuski35
03-24-13, 12:12 AM
If any one has followed this post I've decided to update it since. Back in 20120922 I was originally DQ'd for a "hazelnut allergy." About a month afterwards paperwork was submitted with documentation from my doctor stating that i should be fine in the first place from the original reason i was DQ'd. While waiting for my waiver to come back i started taking allergy shots, or immunotherapy to help with my other seasonal allergies. Little did i know, you cant be on any sort of treatments/therapy. Near the end of February my original waiver came back saying i need to be off immunotherapy. A few weeks later i got that cleared up, and did a new 2807 form. It is now 20130323, about 6 months since my disqualification and around 5 months since my waiver has been in. Hopefully, this time the waiver will come back soon enough saying I'm good to go.