PDA

View Full Version : Refunded for travel expenses to SOI?

KermitTheFrog
11-18-12, 01:36 AM
So I was told at MCRD that we would be reimbursed for the plane tickets we bought to SOI when we got to our first duty station, yet in searching this site I find that apparently we won't be reimbursed. So which one is it, and if so how do I go about doing so?

m14ed
11-18-12, 02:17 AM
Greenfrog...

You'll get re-embursed,,as soon as you figure which button you didn't push..

BE ADVISED- - - It is mileage based .......NOT MODE based..

I know you don't want to hear about (The Old Days) but.
We were tossed onto a bus the morning after graduation,
and "(given)" transportation to LeJeune....

Rocky C
11-18-12, 07:50 AM
Thread moved from " Chestys Hooch " to " Open Squad Bay " where it should be Greenfrog.

Spears
11-18-12, 10:34 AM
When I checked in to my first command, they reembursed me for mode, it'd be best if you saved your air fair receipts, but they'll have you fill out a form that estimates cost.

KermitTheFrog
11-18-12, 03:50 PM
Alright, thanks m14, and sorry about that Rocky C I thought i picked the open squad bay

MKOZ07
11-19-12, 08:25 PM
You don't get reimbursed for travel expenses because it is leave that was approved. So who ever is telling you this is wrong.

s4m222
11-29-12, 10:19 PM
Im unsure exactly what gets reimbursed or not... but for me when I checked into my first actual duty station after BOOT/MCT/A-SCHOOL I just gave the Admin guys ALL my travel receipts, literally any...

fl1946
11-30-12, 09:00 PM
When I got orders to attend school at Fort Monmouth, NJ, the order read...take best means of transportation and report..." It didn't define which kind of transportation. So wanting to reach the base at a decent hour, I flew the last flight leg to New Jersey I chartered a twin engine plane. Likewise, the return trip was the same.

If anyone saw a big mushroom cloud rise from Camp Pendleton Fall '65, that was my 1st Sgt who went ballistic. They tried to hang me but couldn't. Senior officers didn't fly charter, but in this rare case I did. Needless to say, henceforth the next set of orders specified mode of transportation; BUS ALL THE WAY.

:p