PDA

View Full Version : Can I do MCMAP at the DLI?

KermitTheFrog
11-14-12, 09:01 PM
I realize its an Army base, which is why I ask if it will be possible for me to do MCMAP there, because I'd hate to hit the fleet as a tan belt when I've already been in for over 2 years.

josephd
11-14-12, 09:09 PM
I realize its an Army base, which is why I ask if it will be possible for me to do MCMAP there, because I'd hate to hit the fleet as a tan belt when I've already been in for over 2 years.

If it is like most other MOS school houses and such I would say no. There usually isn't time in the schedule for the hours required to move up in belts.

Rocky C
11-15-12, 03:21 PM
DLI is a very demanding school.

I don't think you will have time to hit the gym much but you can workout with other Students and Instructors who already have knowledge in Martial Arts when you have the time but it will not be MCMAP Qualified Instruction.

MKOZ07
11-15-12, 10:36 PM
I don't know if this is for ever MOS school but some of the instructors that have red tabs teach it and you can actually get it there. Usually takes place of PT but it could be different for your MOS.

finharder
11-24-12, 06:10 PM
you can definately do it as long as there is an intstructor willing to put in time to train you. But even if you don't no one cares what your MCMAP belt is when you get to the fleet. They will, however, care how good you are with your language.