PDA

View Full Version : Question for Recruiters..

JazzNbell
11-10-12, 03:17 PM
I've read the tattoo requirements for the Corps, but not quite sure if I'll be able to get a waiver. I have a total of 7 tattoos. Only 3 are visible when wearing shorts and a t-shirt. One on my right inside forearm and one on the outside forearm, both about the size of my hand maybe a tad bigger. I also have one on my leg that is the size of my hand. Are these going to be a major concern? My other question is I'm preparing to ask the mother of my children in marriage after 10 years of being together. We have two children, one biologicaly mine and the other is not, but she is still considered mine. How does this effect enlistment? I've read that you can't have more than two dependents and your spouse doesn't count if she has her own income, which she does.

My other major concern is that about 9yrs. ago I was in the DEP. I stopped going because I realized I was going for the wrong reasons and I didn't have the greatest support from family and friends, other wise being talked out of it. I was young and didn't know what I wanted in life. Now that I'm older I want this for ME and no onelse. How is this going to effect the enlistment process? Does it disqualify me from ever enlisting again in the Corps?

Thank you for your time Marines, and Happy Birthday to all.

Rocky C
11-10-12, 05:10 PM
Go visit a Recruiter in person. Requirements change often now.

United States Marine Corps Recruiting

710 E Kimberly Road # 3
Davenport, IA 52807-1624

JazzNbell
11-10-12, 08:23 PM
With all do respect sir, and I do appreciate your interest in my situation seeing as that nobody else does, but I'm fully aware of that recruiting office. That's where I enlisted and was put in the DEP almost 9 years ago. I called friday afternoon and nobody answered, so I left a message hoping they will return my call first thing Monday. But in the mean time (over the weekend) I was hoping to possibly get some feed back from your fellow Marines on this forum. Once agian I do appreciate your feed back. I was just curious if I could eliminate some of my worries here on this forum. Thank you for your time, Happy Birthday to all, and God Bless!

JazzNbell
11-10-12, 09:46 PM
Much apprecieated with the quick response. Needless to say I picked a bad weekend to wait for a reply. It's eating me up inside. Oh well, everything happens for a reason, no need to rush, just let things unfold how they're supposed to. If you could do that, that would be great. Either way thanks agian for the reply.