PDA

View Full Version : Parris Island recruit health questions

SrqSarah
11-09-12, 08:35 AM
Have any of your RECENT recruits at MCRDPI developed severe respiratory problems that would not go away, other than PI Crud? Has anyone's recruit reported an asthma diagnosis, after 6-7 weeks on the Depot?

Thanks,
SRQSarah

irpat54
11-09-12, 09:16 AM
when my Daughter went to PI She developed a respiratory problem and had to be dropped for a few weeks until they could clear it up, but they got a handle on it and She just submitted Her re-enlistment papers so they should get a handle on what is causing the problem for your recruit..

SrqSarah
11-09-12, 06:20 PM
Thanks for the response,irpat54. One of my two recruits was dropped into the female rehab platoon with a hip injury on 23 Oct. However, she also had PI crud off and on almost since she stepped on the yellow footprints 10 Sept. Well, while in FRP, the chect congestion has gotten worse. So this week, she's been given a pulmonary function test and failed it with a diagnosis of asthma, possibly allergy induced. We are dumbfounded, since she is a beast, and in her 1st life, was a personal trainer who developed some wicked cardio for her clients, ran everyday, and never had the first problem with wheezing chest tightness, and shortness of breath, until she got to PI. I read today about a lot of mold issues on the Depot, so that's why I asked. We wrote her and told her to get a 2nd opinion on both issues, as it is her right.

SrqSarah
11-09-12, 06:22 PM
Oh, BTW, I have a male recruit (my younger child)on the Island also; he had rifle quals today, and God willing, he graduates 14 Dec.

Sarah

SgtJane08
11-09-12, 06:23 PM
Amazing.

irpat54
11-09-12, 06:35 PM
it is amazing tho, it does seem to bother those more who go into training in top shape, maybe it is that they don't get the chance to build a resistance to it, because my Daughter was in great physical shape when she went in and came down with it.

Old Marine
11-09-12, 06:43 PM
If a very healthy person who is a stud/beast get sick at the Island, I do not know why it is the fault of the Island. Your girl is probably not the first stud/beast to come down with asthma while on the Island. Sorry to hear that she is sick, but the Navy has some great Doctors and they will deal with it. Who's to say that if she were still a civilian that she would not have gotten asthma. Good luck to your daughter.

SrqSarah
11-09-12, 07:21 PM
Guess it's because she grew up in a similar moist environment(SW FL) and worked out rigorously as her occupation, and never came down with these symptoms.Just bewildering is all. She is terrified...

SGT7477
11-10-12, 02:48 PM
If she grew up in same climate she should not have that problem got to be something else,Semper Fidelis.

doc h fmf
11-10-12, 05:05 PM
Do the medical staff know if there is mold build up anywhere in the buildings do they ever check out the buildings they should especially if the recruits have allergies then that is asking for big trouble so sarah if they didnt check out the buildings they should let me know how it goes

semper fi my sister

stephen doc hansen hm3 fmf

SrqSarah
11-10-12, 05:28 PM
With all due respect,SGT7477, we (my husband & I) AND even her SDI from her original platoon STILL don't think the diagnosis could possibly be right. That's what has us all baffled. But face it, the...

SrqSarah
11-10-12, 05:32 PM
Thanks, Doc...check out this article
http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2012/01/marines-fighting-mold-problem-at-parris-island-010312/

Sarah

SrqSarah
11-28-12, 07:16 AM
Well, my daughter has been discharged under ELS-COG. Guess that says it all. Her camos and boots have been taken away, her bus ticket requisitioned, and she'll be home soon. <br />
<br />
The thing that saddens...

Lisa 23
11-28-12, 07:41 AM
SrqSarah, your daughter's DD214 should have a "Separation Code " and "Reentry Code". Do you happen to know what they are?

SGT7477
11-28-12, 01:15 PM
Well at least she tried, Good Luck,Semper Fidelis.

m14ed
11-29-12, 01:42 PM
Your separation - Entry Level Separation-Convenience of the Government, means you had less than 180 days in the USMC and they have decided it's easier and cheaper to just discharge you than spend...

m14ed
11-29-12, 01:55 PM
Nowadays it's all about money. Plus the safety factor...((( they don't want you around weapons when you're sleep-walking and not really aware of your actions.)))***

*****Sorry, I didn't see that ,or I would have deleted it...

Good Luck to your Children, both of them....