PDA

View Full Version : The Vietnam Traveling Memorial

ssgtt32
11-07-12, 05:17 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, Marines and Soldiers, Airmen, Sailors! The Vietnam Traveling Wall has Arrived in Monroe La.

It may be visited at Chennault Aviation and Military Museum, 24 hrs every day, however opening ceremonys are at 1030 on the 9th, parade being at 0930, Guest Speaker is SFC Sammy L Davis USA (MOH) and George Patton Waters (Grandson of Gen George S Patton).

If any of ya'll are in the area please stop by and if you are not a Vietnam Vet, just show your support for our brothers and sisters! The wall will be here until 1600 the 14th of Nov!

and yes I used ya'll for a reason!

Maurice Tipton
SSgt USMC

ChuckH
11-07-12, 05:34 PM
Sammy is a very good friend of mine. Great guy. Sam is on the left, I am 2nd from left.http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17023&d=1277419857

ssgtt32
11-07-12, 05:42 PM
I am looking forward to meeting him, I have never meet a living MOH receipent, however I did serve with a brother of CMH, his name was Charles Clausen and his Brother was Mike Clausen!

ps. Chuck, who is the Capt on your right?

ChuckH
11-07-12, 06:07 PM
Met Mike many years ago down in Melborne, FL.
I cant remember his name, he was a brown water boat skipper in Nam. The guy all the way to the right is another good frind of mine, Ron BigDoc Smith, Corpsman 3 tours Nam.
If you get a chance to talk to Sammy and his wife Dixie, tell him Chuck and Jayne say hi... They will crack up.. LOL
My wife and I are suppose to stop on the way to Sturgis, SD next year and visit with them for a few days...

ChuckH
11-07-12, 06:14 PM
Met Mike many years ago down in Melborne, FL.
I cant remember his name, he was a brown water boat skipper in Nam. The guy all the way to the right is another good frind of mine, Ron BigDoc Smith, Corpsman 3 tours Nam.
If you get a chance to talk to Sammy and his wife Dixie, tell him Chuck and Jayne say hi... They will crack up.. LOL
My wife and I are suppose to stop on the way to Sturgis, SD next year and visit with them for a few days...
Just emailed him and asked him to watch for you.. LOL He is one of the best...

ssgtt32
11-07-12, 06:34 PM
Chuck, the Mike that I am talking about was a PFC with HMM-264, he left the aircraft disobeying orders, saved multable lives, they were going to CM him for disobeying orders, but that never happened, Mike passed away in early 2000, not sure exactaly!
I think I sent a post when he passed!

ChuckH
11-07-12, 06:41 PM
Yup same Mike,he passed in 2004 in TX.

Ronal5
11-08-12, 09:35 AM
Veterans' Memorial Park "Fields of Freedom" Will be dedicated Nov. 11 2012 at 1300 in Vidor, TX Rain or shine this is presented by The Vidor Lions Club. I have seen this grow and it looks great. The location is 750 E Freeway South. off I-10. Y'all come :thumbup: :flag: