PDA

View Full Version : Prior service wanting back in

chale8118
11-06-12, 05:17 AM
Hello Marines. I have a question about prior service . My age is 31. I got off a active duty contact after 4 years of honerable service. My re-entry code is RE-1A. I made a horrible mistake and joined the Army national guard my EAS is April 2014. Needless to say the guard was the worst mistake for me that I have ever made . I'm not doging the army at all I'm just saying it's not what I expected and it's certainly not my cup of tea. My question is that if I do put in my conditional release form DD 368 , and it's approved is it possible for me to get back in the Marines as an active reservist ? I understand that going back active duty is pretty much out of the question now but that would be an option if and when it became available . Also I got out as a Sergeant from the IRR . I got out of active duty as a Corporal what rank would I keep or would I be allowed to keep any or would I go back in as a Lance Corporal. Sorry for the length of this thread. Thank you for your service and help Marines.

MOS4429
11-06-12, 01:19 PM
Lot of contingencies there. I doubt anyone can really tell you what you want to hear. Have you spoke to a recruiter yet or a prior service recruiter?

Go check out this thread:

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?106955-I-Am-A-Prior-Service-Recruiter!

You might try PM'g the OP of that thread, jeepinguy.

Good luck.

ChuckH
11-06-12, 02:07 PM
chale8118
Your profile is pretty thin.
Fill it out completely please before you post again or this thread may get closed.
Thank You