PDA

View Full Version : I'm a new member

MommaJen
10-26-12, 05:01 PM
I just wanted to poke in and sort of introduce myself... My name is Jennifer, my son is a Marine recruit at MCRD SD. He shipped this past Monday the 22nd, so today is Black Friday/Pick-up for him.

I found this site about a year and a half ago, I know he knows about it too because he's shown it to me also. I don't know if he has a user name here or not... maybe! :D (wow, that was a cool thought huh?)

Anyway, I've been a lurker and since he's now... well, THERE finally, I figured it would be a good time for me to spend some time here... with you guys.

I'm still a bit of a nervous, sad, proud, emotional, excited... wreck, some days often and others from time to time.

I'm looking forward to getting familiar with this community and getting to know the forum and its members better.

Thank you for being here and giving this new mom a place to find/offer support. :)

Jennifer

Lisa 23
10-26-12, 06:18 PM
Thread closed until you have a complete profile besides a first and last name....site rules, which can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums. When profile is complete, PM any Squad Leader from the Squad Leaders sticky in the Ask A Marine forum and thread will be re-opened.

Lisa 23
10-29-12, 12:45 PM
Profile complete....thread re-opened.

MommaJen
10-29-12, 12:51 PM
Thank you. I think I'll just keep to lurking and gathering information... At least for now.

Be well all.

gkmoz
10-29-12, 01:19 PM
Hey Welcome, and don't let Lisa's WM ways chase you off :) She's a pussycat really.
There are a few sites i have heard of that help"newbie" Marine parents get threw this time. Do some searches and see what comes up ? I think there is even a site that gives daily training schedules of what your recruit might be doing that day ? S/F Moz

Rocky C
10-29-12, 02:58 PM
Welcome Aboard Jennifer.

If you go to my blogs you can read about what Your Son is going through at Boot Camp and a Ton of Marine Corps Facts and History.

awbrown1462
10-29-12, 03:40 PM
Welcome aboard

MommaJen
10-29-12, 04:36 PM
Thanks Marines. I'm glad to be here.