PDA

View Full Version : MCT Instructor Duty

al Shabazz
10-21-12, 05:52 PM
Semper Fi, Marines.
I'm in the process of submitting my MCT Instructor package right now. Nobody in my unit has done this duty and I don't know anyone who has done the billet. Does anyone have any advice for an Air Wing Sergeant who's getting ready for the next phase of his Marine Corps Career as an MCT Instructor?
How should I prepare for the billet? What's the duty like? Lay it on thick and tell me the good and the bad.

Semper Fi
Sgt al Shabazz :usmc:

al Shabazz
10-22-12, 06:10 PM
So...170+ views and nothing? Does anyone have experience in this billet or no?

thewookie
10-22-12, 10:24 PM
It doesn't appear that way. Have you tried to contact the schoolhouse and speak to one of the instructors there? That would be my first choice.

Good luck

al Shabazz
10-26-12, 03:16 AM
Thanks for your bit of advice...wish a few people that have done it know any "inside details" (things to work on prior to going to the school to help out) but oh well. I'm cautiously confident that I will succeed.

thewookie
10-26-12, 08:07 AM
I hear you, Marine. You will succeed. I was not on MCT Instructor duty but having been on a few Instructor duty Billets where I taught 03's (DM school, MCSF school and CQB school), but was not - I...

al Shabazz
10-27-12, 02:05 AM
That's the main reason I want the duty. I love Marines and I love teaching. I look forward to be able to influence new Marines and I'm very excited of having the honor of training freshly minted Marines combat training. Let's just hope I hear from someone who's gone throug the school.