PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

Roadkill
11-29-03, 02:33 PM
I am currently a high school sophmore, and am looking to join the Marine Corps as an officer. I participate in track, cross country, and started wrestling this year. I am also on the road to acheiveing Eagle rank in scouts.

Academically, this is pretty much my junior year. My school offers a program where if my grades are good enough, i may spend my senior year of highschool at the local college (which has all the first year courses i need to take for any of the majors i am looking at). My school is set up to 4 classes a semester, so this allows me (or atleast my counselor says, but they tend not to be reliable) to spend all 8 credits of my junior year getting all my math, science, literature, and history credits required for graduation. That means i can spend my senior year at the college at work on my bachelors/major. Platoon leaders class, i understand, occurs during the freshmen year of college -- but that is also my senior year of high school - so im not really a high school graduate yet. So what's the standard for that? Should i wait and take officers candidate class after graduation?

Also, should i go into the aviation program, what are the chances of my getting the aircraft i request?

Caesar Augustus
11-29-03, 06:19 PM
Are you a member or Sgt Grits forums?

acts837
11-29-03, 06:37 PM
Continue on the path you mentioned. Study to get high SAT/ACT scores. Try to get that Eagle Scout and apply for a Naval ROTC (Marine-Option) 4 year scholarship Link (https://www.nrotc.navy.mil/scholarships_application.html). Don't let the name decieve you. You get commissioned as soon as you earn your degree. We have PLCs training with us and if they had their choice they would prefer to be on scholarship.

BTW, you can join PLC anytime you like. The key for PLC is that you go to OCS twice.

Roadkill
11-29-03, 07:23 PM
Caesar Augustus: yes

Thank you for your guidance, acts837

MEU Marine
12-02-03, 03:41 PM
Jump on the 'Marine Officer Programs' forum and you'll see exactly what you need.