PDA

View Full Version : Where may my son get assigned after ITB?

robengineer
10-15-12, 11:27 AM
My son just graduated from Parris Island. He leaves next week for ITB training at Camp Geiger. According to my son, he is currently only committed to infantry as 03XX. During the next 59 days he can specialize into one of the 03XX sub-categories. My question is this: what possible duty stations are there that he will likely be assigned to? I think the local recruiter's office has been through several recruiters since my son has signed up, so I do not have a contact there to ask this question. My assumption is that it will be one of four places: Lejuene, San Diego, Hawaii, or Japan.

As parents, we of course wonder where he will be stationed, and also what is the likelihood he will be sent off to war in the coming months.

Lisa 23
10-15-12, 11:50 AM
No one here knows where your son will be stationed at, not even his recruiter would be able to tell you that. It's the needs of the Corps....east coast, west coast or overseas.

advanced
10-15-12, 12:36 PM
There used to be a few of us at Camp Pendleton.

Baker1971
10-15-12, 01:32 PM
East, West, or over there.

Old Marine
10-15-12, 06:11 PM
Wont be San Diego. There is a town north of Diego about 40 minutes drive from Diego. The town is called Oceanside, Ca. There is a Marine Corps Base called Camp Pendleton on the north end of this town. If he gets stationed there he will enjoy everything on that base.