PDA

View Full Version : Question about Bravos

JosiahRobertson
10-08-12, 07:16 AM
Hey Marines.

I just earned the EGA last week. I'm home on leave and my sister wants me to go to her school for a presentation in my Dress bravos. They want me to wear my cover inside for the presentation itself, I didn't think it would be that big of a deal as long as I took it off when I was done. If they play the national anthem during my presentation, and I'm still wearing my cover do I salute the colors, or do I take of my cover and stand at attention? Thanks!

Lisa 23
10-08-12, 07:36 AM
I think Bravos would be fine, remove your cover when indoors and stand at attention if they play the National Anthem and /or the Marines Hymn.

MCO P1020.34F
MARINE CORPS UNIFORM REGULATIONS
CHAPTER 3: UNIFORM ITEMS AND REGULATIONS FOR THEIR WEAR

3004. CAPS/HEADGEAR
d. Headgear is normally removed indoors. Marines in a duty status and wearing side-arms or a pistol belt will remain covered indoors except when entering a space where a meal is in progress or religious services are being conducted. Headgear will be worn in Government vehicles, and in privately owned vehicles on base, except when doing so would present a hazard to safe driving.

Omegaham
10-10-12, 08:02 PM
Honestly, it doesn't really matter. I sincerely doubt that someone is going to Devil Dawg you for wearing your cover during the presentation. However, it's technically not allowed. What I'd suggest doing is saying, "Hey, I'm sorry, but it's actually not right to wear the cover indoors." They'll understand.

As always, if you're in uniform but uncovered, you stand at attention. If you're covered, then you salute.

Covey_Rider
10-10-12, 08:20 PM
I would remove my cover while indoors merely because it is the right thing to do. I'm sure they'll survive if they don't get to sit there and stare at you with your cover on. Don't ever let anyone outside of the Marine Corps dictate your uniform. :beer:

al Shabazz
10-16-12, 06:53 PM
I'd echo the Marines above. Politely tell them that you're not supposed to wear your cover. I'm sure they'll understand.

And FYI, it's an Eagle Globe and Anchor not EGA.