PDA

View Full Version : What I am thankful for!

Sparrowhawk
11-26-03, 04:10 PM
THANKS LIVING!

We as Marines have a lot to be thankful for, our history and what we have learned from the Corps that has formed us into the individuals we are today.

I'm thankful for those that are serving today, and thankful for having had the opportunity to serve in war.

I am thankful for that experienced and thankful, that I am alive, thankful for the Marines that died in my place so many years ago. And that helps me to live for them.

I am thankful for all of you here, knowing I have a home among the best our country has to offer.

As my daughters get older, I know soon they will be marrying and moving away, then before long they will be holding their own thanksgiving dinners.

Tomorrow they will all be here, at home, and I am thankful for that.

Semper Fi, Marines

Cook Barela

<hr>
An elderly man in Phoenix calls his son in New York and says, "I hate to ruin your day, but I have to tell you that your mother and I are divorcing; 45 years of misery is enough."
"Pop, what are you talking about?" the son screams.

"We can't stand the sight of each other any longer," the old man says. "We're sick of each other, and I'm sick of talking about this, so you call your sister in Chicago and tell her." Then he hangs up.

Frantic, the son calls his sister, who explodes on the phone. "Like heck they're getting divorced," she shouts, "I'll take care of this." She calls Phoenix immediately, and screams at the old man, "You are NOT getting divorced. Don't do a single thing until I get there. I'm calling my brother back, and we'll both be there tomorrow. Until then, don't do a thing, DO YOU HEAR ME?"

The old man hangs up his phone and turns to his wife. "Okay," he says, "They're coming for Thanksgiving and paying their own fares."

thedrifter
11-26-03, 05:02 PM
I'm thankful for leatherneck.com, it has bought many of us Marines together. It has become our Home away from Home.

I'm thankful for my wife and children, knowing that they will be on their own someday and hopefully we will be able to spend Thanksgiving Day together like we do every year with Ellie's family.

I'm thankful for the Freedoms I have in this Great Country of ours, and for all those who are presently serving in the Armed Forces to preserve these Freedoms.

I'm thankful for all the Friends that I have and those Friends that are very close and dear to me. (You know who you are)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL...............

Sempers,

Roger
:marine:

JAMarine
11-26-03, 05:24 PM
Thanks Cook and Roger.

I can't add much more to the list. I'm just a Hell of a Lot more Thankful for the many Things I do have than worrying about the things I don't have. These items include my Wife, My Son, My Girls, My Brother and Sisters here and my Country.

Hell, with the Brothers, Sisters and Friends I've met here what else would I ever need? Family is what it's all about.

Happy Thanksgiving.

P. M. SHEEHAN
11-26-03, 05:55 PM
I have a lot to be thankful for as well.....aloving wife of 28 years, a 22 yr. old daughter, and a career which embraced not only the Marine Corps but also a civilian job which I just retired from. All tolled, 40 years . Guess what? 40 years ago tomorrow, Thanksgiving Day, I arrived on Parris Island to commence recruit training. There are no holidays in the Corps! I'll have a lot of memories to talk aboutat the table tomorrow. ....God bless, Bros.

TMM54
11-26-03, 07:22 PM
and the VA is providing excellent treatment for the Hepatitus C
that I got during my service. God is in His Heavens, and God
Bless all of you! Semper Fidelis, Tom Murray

thedrifter
11-27-03, 10:03 AM
What am I thankful for this year?
What blessings come to mind?
My dear friends and relations
So loving and so kind.

Each time I see the sunrise
And the beauties of the day.
The unexpected little joys
I find along the way.

What am I thankful for this year?
The small and furry things.
The hope that keeps me going
The peace believing brings.

I have so much to thank God for
I don't know where to start.
I only know He walks with me
And lives within my heart!

Sempers,

Roger
:marine:

Doc Crow
11-27-03, 07:27 PM
What Am I Thankful For

Sherrill (Wife)

All My Kids
Denise
Dominic
Kasey
David
Kara
Nancy
My Grandchildren
Quartney
Alexandria
Christopher
Alicia
Dylan who is due In December

After getting laid off in October My New Job which starts Monday.

The 46 years I had with my father who passed in June. Even though I wanted more time with him he left me with many wonderful memories and taught me to do it right the first time.

All the memories I had for 20 years while on Active Duty good and bad I learned something from each one.

I thank God and those who made the sacrifice for this great country that has allowed me to live the way I do.