PDA

View Full Version : Second man convicted of burglarizing home of dead Marine during funeral

thedrifter
11-26-03, 11:39 AM
Second man convicted of burglarizing home of dead Marine during funeral

The Associated Press
November 21, 2003 8:15 PM

CROWN POINT, IND. -- A Gary man was convicted Friday of burglarizing the childhood home of a Marine killed in the Afghanistan conflict while her family was attending her funeral.

Tony Lee Jordan, 22, was the second person convicted of burglary in the break-in. His alleged accomplice, 21-year-old Joshua Banks, also of Gary, was sentenced Nov. 7 to 12 years in prison.

Jordan will be sentenced Dec. 19.

Lake County Deputy Prosecutor Nicole Spicer said Jordan and Banks broke into the home of Matthew Winters Sr. while he was attending the funeral of his daughter, Sgt. Jeannette Winters.

The 25-year-old was killed Jan. 9, 2002, when a KC-130 tanker plane crashed in Pakistan during the U.S.-led bombing of Afghanistan. She was the first female U.S. Marine ever to die in a combat zone.

Jeannette Winters' family discovered the burglary after returning home from her funeral services. Two revolvers, a shotgun, a gun belt and holster were taken from the elder Winters' home.

http://www.indystar.com/articles/8/095073-4958-127.html

Sempers,

Roger
:marine:

yellowwing
11-26-03, 12:16 PM
I hope that the judge is a JAG veteran!

Apache
11-26-03, 04:36 PM
This is absolutly terrible!Bad enough to be around thieves,but while your'e at your daughters funeral?I hopem the judge throws them the book

SheWolf
12-01-03, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by gehrij
This is absolutly terrible!Bad enough to be around thieves,but while your'e at your daughters funeral?I hopem the judge throws them the book

hell,,, the judge needs to throw the whole library at them....