PDA

View Full Version : Reemlistment Tier

fn8202
09-18-12, 08:56 AM
My husband just got his re-enlisment package and was rated a tier 3 marine. His SSgt and Gunny flipped, needless to say I have had to listen to a lot of complaining from all three of them. I am just having a problem understanding all of it.
He has career 4.5/4.5 pro/cons, 1st class PFT and CFT, One point away from expert for his rifle qual. He has no NJP's or Page 11's. From what I gather this should rate him higher. I just want to understand what his chances of re-enlisting are, so I can know how to help him and what to expect.

Spears
09-19-12, 10:55 PM
The tier system grades you against the average for your peers, and what i mean by peers is mos and the fiscal year of your eas, basically tier three means you're average, its not bad, but its not amazing either. There is no reason for anyone to be angry. Your husband is who decided what tier he'd be in. There isn't much to be done about it besides submitting the package and hope for the best. Just for the record, I was tier three and I was accepted and executed my renlistment last month.

kenehpalmer
09-20-12, 02:56 AM
The tier system grades you against the average for your peershttp://www.popl.info/a96.jpg

FaDeD
09-29-12, 11:57 AM
If he isnt pme complete and his mcmap belt doesnt exceed others in his grade then that is also deciding factors.