PDA

View Full Version : Anyone a PSR?

SgtE
09-14-12, 06:18 PM
I got out in Feb of this year and I really wish I would have stayed in. I've been in contact with a local PSR but he's adamant about putting me in the AR program back into my old mos 6324. I read a MARADMIN saying broken service will have a shot at boat spaces 1 Jan.

My question is, if I'm looking to lat move to something critical (preferably 2336) would I have a shot at active duty? I really do not want to be in the AR program, especially back in the wing.

S/F

hussaf
09-14-12, 09:57 PM
The wing is hurting for AR spaces, so they will probably push you that way. I have no knowledge of AR, but my good friend was just convinced to go AR despite myself and some other friend's insistence to stay away. She's in the wing now, as well. Sorry couldn't be of more help, just wanted to let you know. I'm taking a year off in the IRR, then going to contact a PSR and see what's available.

SgtE
09-19-12, 07:11 PM
Ya that's what I'm gathering too. Really didn't like the overall culture of the wing. I also found out I need to talk to a regular recruiter to attempt to get back on active duty. FYI for anyone else who is lost in the sauce like me.

S/F

hussaf
10-25-12, 07:30 PM
Well the wing is fine for what it is...she is an 0231, so there's really nothing for her to do other than help with security clearances (of which there are not that many)...plus as AR she lost Sgt and got dropped to day one Cpl. Which is BS because she is awesome at her job, kind of a waste of time in her career and a waste of her potential to benefit the USMC.

Admindude
10-26-12, 08:42 PM
Honestly it will be extremly difficult to get you in active duty. I switched to AR and i am loving every minute of it. you get all the benefits of an active duty Marine the only thing is you are away from a active duty base. I say take what you can get or stay a civilian.

hussaf
10-28-12, 12:24 PM
Yeah, that's true. You likely won't be stationed in Jacksonvile or something like that. I think a lot of the allure of billets like AR or I&I is the static location and separation from the FMF.