PDA

View Full Version : getting solo custody of my son

castillo0311
09-12-12, 01:49 AM
so i'm a lcpl deployed in afgan, and i have a 2 almost 3 year old son which i pay child support but when i get back i want to get solo custody of the little guy what are the chances of me getting solo custody? i have 3 years left on my contract and live in nc

Zulu 36
09-12-12, 06:37 AM
What does the child's mother have to say about this? If there haven't been any significant changes in the child's situation and the mother opposes a change of custody, I would guess your chances are poor.

Remember, a judge is going to decide in favor of the best interests of the child, not your interests.

Is your being an 0311 going to be in the best interest of the child? Who is going to care for the child when you're not home those many times you'll be in the field, not to mention the day-to-day garrison life? Who will care for the child if you deploy again? Things are hitting the fan in Egypt and Libya today, so who knows what is down the road during the remainder of your enlistment?

BTW, your profile is a little thin.

Rocky C
09-12-12, 02:27 PM
Thread closed.

You need to fill out your entire profile Marine.
Once completed you can PM me or any Squad Leader to re-open the thread and get some answers to your question.

Thank you.