PDA

View Full Version : Need a Boost

PGN63
09-06-12, 06:19 PM
Marines,

Some of you may know about my 10 year old son that fought and won against Leukemia. for the past 5 years he has been active in fund raising with the Leukemia Lymophoma Society. If he makes his goal this year he will have raised $50k since he was diagnosed.

He was treated and is still monitored at Walter Reed (the old Bethesda). At Walter Reed we have a group called Parents and Children Fighting Cancer (PCFC). This year they want to participate in the Light The Night walk in D.C. Off of the top of my head, there are 4-5 Marine Families, the rest are a mix of all services that have their kids getting treated there.

I don't want to take away from my son's fundraising so if you guys could pass the below link on it would be outstanding:
http://pages.lightthenight.org/nca/WashDC12/TeamPCFC

If you donate in memory of one of the kids; Ryan Raffel, lost his battle on 11 August 2012 the day before his 6th birthday.

Thanks

S/F

Paul

Rocky C
09-06-12, 06:34 PM
Great Post Paul !!!

I will copy and paste the link to my email signature line and send it to everyone on my list.

Wonderful stuff you are doing there Brother.
Prayers Outbound to You and Your Family and Everyone Involved.

Semper Fi,
Rocky

PGN63
09-06-12, 06:52 PM
Thanks Rocky, I really appreciate that.

S/F

Paul

Old Marine
09-06-12, 07:08 PM
I have been their brother and it is not a very good place. There is nothing like a child who has a life threatening cancer in their little bodies. Your son and all the children with this cancer are in my prayers.

Maybe years ago when the medicines ran out for my daughter and the wife and I signed papers to use the trial medicines, maybe, just maybe some of those mediicnes are being used today.

PGN63
09-06-12, 07:38 PM
Harold, I have no doubt that your daughter helped my son and many others fight this battle with better weapons. Rest easy my brother, the sacrifice that your family did has helped many live.

Rocky C
09-07-12, 08:23 AM
God Bless the Children...

Mongoose
09-07-12, 09:48 AM
I have been their brother and it is not a very good place. There is nothing like a child who has a life threatening cancer in their little bodies. Your son and all the children with this cancer are in my prayers.

Maybe years ago when the medicines ran out for my daughter and the wife and I signed papers to use the trial medicines, maybe, just maybe some of those mediicnes are being used today.

Willie, I can assure you brother, your little daughter and all children are a jewel in the Lords eye.

Mongoose
09-07-12, 09:54 AM
PGN63, brother, you and your family, especially your son, have all my respect and prayers.

PGN63
09-24-12, 03:03 PM
Looking for some possible supporting fires...... My son is doing well with his fund raising. The Walter Reed Parents and Children Fighting Cancer (PCFC) group isn't doing too well.

http://pages.lightthenight.org/nca/WashDC12/TeamPCFC (http://pages.lightthenight.org/nca/WashDC12/TeamPCFC)