PDA

View Full Version : Camp Lejeune

MunkyVsRobot
08-13-12, 07:56 PM
So just got what my duty station is, its going to be 2nd I was looking to get some info from any Marines or Docs that have been or are presently stationed there for some advice about said base.

I am not going to be PCSing there till end of november early december ill be traveling accompanied with my wife, Im just mainly wondering what there is to do around the area and how the base is and base life there.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Rocky C
08-15-12, 06:36 PM
Now you can join the Social Group " 2nd Marine Division " and ask some of the members of that group in case most didn't see your thread.

I can't answer your question unless you want to know what it was like over 30 years ago.

Good luck to you.

Semper Fi,
Rocky

Kegler300
08-15-12, 07:16 PM
They don't call it Camp Paradise for nothing...

josephd
08-15-12, 07:17 PM
I was recently stationed out there this last year for about 6 months before I went to Afghanistan. Camp Lejeune itself is decent but Jacksonville(town outside the gate) is horrid IMO. Tons of Marines running around acting like idiots. My suggestion to you, if you can, is live out in town in the Top Sail/North Top Sail area. Also get out of the area on the weekends if you can, unless you wanna hang around Marines 24/7

7point62
08-18-12, 03:39 PM
...Camp Lejeune itself is decent but Jacksonville(town outside the gate) is horrid IMO. Tons of Marines running around acting like idiots. My suggestion to you, if you can, is live out in town in the Top Sail/North Top Sail area. Also get out of the area on the weekends if you can, unless you wanna hang around Marines 24/7

X2. I lived in Swansboro when I was stationed at LJ and it was nice to get the hell away from J-ville. I just recently drove through on my way to Morehead and I couldn't believe J-ville traffic.