PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Desert Combat Boots

Subsum44
08-12-12, 08:58 PM
Does anyone know how to get rid of the nap in desert combat boots? I know the best thing to clean them up is just water and a brush. Some leather wipes work great to clean up the soles and do spot jobs. However, due to wear some parts are smooth while others still have the little nap leather balls all over.

I've tried stiff bristle brushes, ip scissors, lighter, none of it works. Any ideas?

josephd
08-12-12, 10:57 PM
Not sure if there is anything really. I spent almost an hour cleaning my boots when I got home from Afghanistan, all the dirt and what not came off but I think these boots once they get worn out to that point mine were and I am picturing yours there isn't much you can do to get that "new" look and feel back.

Rocky C
08-14-12, 06:35 PM
Apply duct tape ( gray ) to the area on cool boots because the glue residue will stay on warm boots.
Do not use Black Gorilla tape !!!
Pull it off no more than 30 seconds later.

Done...

Good luck.

Semper Fi,
Rocky

il duce
08-16-12, 10:21 PM
A wire bbq brush works wonders on the shiny 'polished' areas on boots

Subsum44
08-20-12, 01:31 PM
Tried the tape, guess the section I was working on was just to hanus to get it entirely. Thanks for the tips though.

jp2usmc
08-20-12, 04:03 PM
See thread Cleaning Desert Tan Boots for more info on a similar topic.

Rocky C
08-20-12, 05:50 PM
Tried the tape, guess the section I was working on was just to hanus to get it entirely. Thanks for the tips though.

:thumbup: Your Welcome.

Mongoose
08-21-12, 08:00 AM
In Nam, never had to worry about cleaning boots. They would start turning white, and after just a little while, would come apart.

FistFu68
08-21-12, 02:28 PM
:evilgrin: Clean them Danner's or WhatEv You youngBucks are Wearing By Humping in them...and I ain't talking the Horizontal Bop either unless We are talking Low Crawling,Run in them for PFT...You Marines still have Junk on Tha Bunk Inspec's? If so keep a Cheap new Pair in a Freezer Sz ZipLock baggy Stashed :beer: :iwo: