PDA

View Full Version : Registration question: Are you a Marine?

greybeard
11-23-03, 09:09 AM
How many of you checked that box when you first registered here, even tho you haven't been active duty in decades? I know I did, and I guess admin changed it for me later. It just seems un-natural not to check it. Perhaps it should be re-worded.

thedrifter
11-23-03, 09:16 AM
Once A Marine....Always A Marine....... ;)

Sixguns
11-23-03, 09:51 AM
You will carry the title Marine until the day you die. Not sure if the title transfers beyond that.

SF,

Sixguns

Robbie0311/1800
11-23-03, 11:07 AM
I agree with Roger and Sixguns that Once a Marine.......Always a Marine and if listen to The Marine Corps Hymn the title goes
beyond this World.
We will all live on as Proud Marines!!!
Yes I am a Marine.
Robbie

tomwhitt1
11-23-03, 11:39 AM
Marines Never Die, WE just go to Hell and Regroup

greybeard
11-23-03, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Sixguns
You will carry the title Marine until the day you die. Not sure if the title transfers beyond that.

SF,

Sixguns
I was always under the impression I would be a Marine till the day I died-then, I would be reclassified as a dead Marine.
No one answered my original question tho :(
OAM
AAM
Semper Fi

mrbsox
11-23-03, 12:39 PM
I have adopted VETERAN Marine, a point I received from our beloved web site here. To me, 'Former' still had that 'ex' feeling to it.

GreyBeard:
If your profile got 'unchecked', then re-check it.

Maybe try pressing the keys HARDER.... put some emphasis into your selection (lol)

Semper Fidelis.... :marine:

Always means FOREVER, never ending, as in the Alpha and the Omega. After all, if we will find

'the streets are guarded by UNITED STATES MARINES'

then that kind means forever to me. Even after we meet Chesty.

Terry

NEWB
11-23-03, 08:20 PM
Marines do not go to hell........Satan is afraid we would overrun the place and take charge. lol Besides, if I remember right, we had a marching cadence that ended in " Another Marine Reporting,...

11-23-03, 08:41 PM
i've been a Marine since 7 Dec. 1950, does that answer your question? Semper Fi - Billsan yes i checked that box

greybeard
11-23-03, 11:50 PM
I'll correct this fubar immediately. Ah just figured I screwed up and someone corrected it for this old coot. :)

Doc Crow
11-25-03, 10:41 PM
Some of US were Squids so that made it easy. Problem I never spent much time with the Navy more then 65% of my career was with Marines :banana: :bandit:

mark groff
01-25-04, 11:28 AM
We all became Marines when we crossed the Parade Deck. Till we die brother. Check the box.

jinelson
01-25-04, 02:02 PM
I still remember my Senior Drill Instructor S/Sgt Largent saying congratulations you have all proved your metal and now may use the title Marine, no one can take it from you, its yours until the day you die. In you our fallen brothers live on and the Corps lives on. Former, ex, and veteran just dosent fit into what he told us at graduation.

Semper Fi
Jim

vision836
01-25-04, 03:50 PM
USMC will be on my headstone along with my rank and Semper Fi.

Robbie0311/1800
01-25-04, 04:11 PM
When I leave this earth I'll be wearing my Greens right down to my Shoes.
Semper Fi.
Robbie:marine:

namgrunt
01-25-04, 04:26 PM
I agree with mrbsox. Ain't no such creature as an "ex-Marine". As far as I'm concerned, when you finish active and reserve duty forever, you go "INACTIVE". That remains your status unless you...

reddog4950
01-25-04, 09:11 PM
Till they pour the dirt on me I am a Marine and I will go to heaven and regroup with my fomer fallen brothers. <br />
S.F. Reddog4950

greensideout
01-25-04, 09:30 PM
I like it reddog! Well done!

The question was---what did you chose? The yes or no?

This has come up before---"Well I was, er, yes but, not serving active now, I am but, well-----WHAT ARE YOU ASKING"?

It's past time to re-word that question!

tophor
01-26-04, 01:25 AM
The Title... It cannot be inherited Nor can it be purchased. You and no one alive can buy it for a price. It is impossible to rent and cannot be lent. You alone and our own have earned it with your sweat, blood and lives. You own it forever... THE TITLE "UNITED STATES MARINE" "Civillians cannot and will not understand us because they are not one of us. The Corps - we love it, live it and shall die for it. If you have never been in it, you shall never understand it." Another Marine gave me a business card with these sayings on it, and I must say they speak volumes. SEMPER FIDELIS!!!!!!!!!!

Monica
01-26-04, 01:34 PM
I just registered and not for a minute did I hesitate to answer that question "Yes".

tophor, do you mind if I share those sayings you just posted?

FREEBIRD
01-26-04, 02:12 PM
I just came in and saw this thread for the first time.............
The answer to your Question Greybeard is....I checked YES!!!!
I have been a Marine since 1969, got my ass beat everyday at PI, SC. and was told when I left I deserved the title
"UNITED STATES MARINE" They have not asked for it back and if they do they can go to hell, I did my time for what I am and what I got out of it. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world, I am and always will be a PROUD UNITED STATES MARINE!!!!

even have a Tattoo that says so LOL

SEMPER FIE BROTHERS AND SISTERS,
FREEBIRD

reddog4950
01-26-04, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by FREEBIRD
I just came in and saw this thread for the first time.............
The answer to your Question Greybeard is....I checked YES!!!!
I have been a Marine since 1969, got my ass beat everyday at PI, SC. and was told when I left I deserved the title
"UNITED STATES MARINE" They have not asked for it back and if they do they can go to hell, I did my time for what I am and what I got out of it. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world, I am and always will be a PROUD UNITED STATES MARINE!!!!

even have a Tattoo that says so LOL

SEMPER FIE BROTHERS AND SISTERS,
FREEBIRD

Yo Freebird, When in 69 were you at P.I I was there with PLT.2001, then AIT, then Geiger for recon, then Cal. with Westpac orders. We might of ate the same mud in the Nam bro!.
Damn I have my Bulldog too!

Dvan
01-27-04, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by NEWB
if I remember right, we had a marching cadence that ended in " Another Marine Reporting, SIR. I've spent my time in Hell.

We had that same singing cadence, but ours said," Another Marine reporting, Sir, I've served my country well"

I used to always cringe when someone referred to me as a veteran. Though I served in the Marines for 6 yrs, I didn't think I deserved that title since I'd always associated the name 'veteran' with a war veteran. Well, we were at a rodeo and they asked for all the veterans in the audience to stand, so they could be recognized, and I remained seated. My husband, who served 9 yrs in the corps, was standing and leaned over and said. "You stand up, you were a good Marine"

I've never hesitated to call myself a veteran, or a Marine, since that day.

Sgt Sostand
01-27-04, 02:56 PM
Die Hard Marine.......... Born to be a Marine

LONEEAGLE
01-28-04, 03:07 PM
Marines don't go to hell, they go to Heaven to become guards for God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit...And nobody can take away you as being a "MARINE." "I too will have on my tombstone, my time, my rank, and I was born to be a Marine, now I died a Marine." The rest of ya'll can...........Gotta love it.