PDA

View Full Version : Parris Island trip

Shaffer
11-22-03, 06:55 PM
I just spent the week at Parris Island with an educators workshop. You would not believe what happened to me.

The first night we had dinner at the Officer's Club on base and a few members of the P.I. Marine Band were playing during dinner. The Sergeant in charge of the group was introduced. Would you beleive it was a Marine that I graduated from Boot Camp with back in October of 1989. I have not seen him 14 years since we walked across the parade deck together. Small Corps!

The next day we went to receiving and got a brief by the Recruit Training Regiment (RTR). There I saw the RTR Sergeant Major. Would you believe he was my series Gunny when I went to bootcamp in 1989? Small Corps!

I then got to met the depot CO and Sergeant Major. A picture of the Brigadier General McMenamin is below and a picture of the SgtMaj and I can be found in the gallery along with other photos here: http://www.leatherneck.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=531&thumb=1

Semper Fi,
Jerry

thedrifter
11-23-03, 09:34 AM
Nice pic's Jerry!!!!!!

Sixguns
11-23-03, 09:50 AM
Jerry, I know the CG isn't a tall man!

The Corps is a small place. That's what makes our bonds to one another so tight.

SF,

Sixguns

Shaffer
11-24-03, 04:28 PM
LOL Sixguns...I thought about stepping up on the first set of stairs behind me. :D

Then I would have been just as tall as him...LMAO!

Art Petersn
11-25-03, 06:16 AM
Jerry it sounds like you had a great tripe.

I was there two years ago and the tripe brought back a lot of menories.