PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if this goes here

ridingcrops
08-02-12, 10:51 AM
I couldn't figure out where to put this but I really don't like this new set up. You can't find anything and looking for the forums is a real problem. Why can't we keep the good things and go back to the one that woorked?

Rocky C
08-02-12, 04:04 PM
Change is Good.
Everything you need is just one click away on the home page.
If you can't find something that is why the search box is there.

Take your time and get familier with the new layout.
You'll be glad you did !!!

Semper Fi,
Rocky

ChuckH
08-02-12, 05:05 PM
Search function doesn't work.

Rocky C
08-02-12, 07:18 PM
Really ?
It works for me...

DanM
08-02-12, 08:54 PM
The search function hasn't worked for me since the forum was updated,IE8 or Firefox.

ChuckH
08-02-12, 10:07 PM
Same here Dan, It hasn't worked in months!

Old Marine
08-02-12, 10:09 PM
Google Chrome. Search function works just fine.

3531marine
08-03-12, 12:26 AM
Dammed thing don't work for me either IE8

DanM
08-03-12, 01:59 PM
Just checked the "search" function at the coffee shop ,using the latest version of Google Chrome,the search function does not work.

m14ed
08-03-12, 02:31 PM
Boy,,,,

Don't I just hate it when ,
SquadLeaders "Squabble"

Fight nice kids,

and we'll just call it "Friendly Dis-course"

Rocky C
08-03-12, 03:02 PM
Windows 7 Ultimate.
Internet Explorer 9. Click the Tools icon on the right of the address bar. Click on Safety.
Turn off Active X Filtering. Click on Safety again. Click on " Website Privacy Policy "
Accept all this sites cookies.

When you are done here for the day, click on Tools, click on Safety, click on Delete Browsing History, check the boxes you would like and then click Delete.

Done...

Semper Fi,
Rocky

DanM
08-03-12, 03:08 PM
Windows 7 Ultimate.
Internet Explorer 9. Click the Tools icon on the right of the address bar. Click on Safety.
Turn off Active X Filtering. Click on Safety again. Click on " Website Privacy Policy "
Accept all this sites cookies.

When you are done here for the day, click on Tools, click on Safety, click on Delete Browsing History, check the boxes you would like and then click Delete.

Done...

Semper Fi,
Rocky

But that still does not help the thousands of users of IE8,etc....

Rocky C
08-03-12, 03:17 PM
Go to the Microsoft website and Download IE9, same place where you get IE8, it's free...

If not, don't use the search box...

ChuckH
08-03-12, 03:20 PM
I use Firefox and have no plans on using IE, so I guess I wont use the search box...

DanM
08-03-12, 03:27 PM
Go to the Microsoft website and Download IE9, same place where you get IE8, it's free...

If not, don't use the search box...

IE9 is not supported for Windows XP.

Rocky C
08-03-12, 03:45 PM
XP ? No wonder. I didn't think that there was still mainstream support for XP except for the download of Service Pack 3.

And to think that Windows 8 and IE10 just got released to manufacturing yesterday...

Oh No :D

thewookie
08-03-12, 07:00 PM
XP ? No wonder. I didn't think that there was still mainstream support for XP except for the download of Service Pack 3.

And to think that Windows 8 and IE10 just got released to manufacturing yesterday...

Oh No :D

I agree XP is a dinosaur, but it's still on a LOT of machines out there. In fact, it still works fine for most business office settings and SOHO's. This is speaking from somebody in the IT world; I've seen it on a lot of machines -- and to be honest when I do - I know I can usually fix the problem much easier than some OS's.

It's still due to be supported by Microsoft until Tuesday, April 8, 2014. Might be limited to real hot fixes/patches, but Microsoft tends to stick to a regular and published schedule for support.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_update/windows-xp-no-longer-supported/826c187b-ac58-49d3-a505-725777c6a853

Windows 8 won't make it to many office setting as it is a tablet based OS,, (funny that way back when XP was originally tablet based) but any way -- when businesses finally decide to upgrade from XP, the Microsoft crowd is going to 7.

My two cents...

Marine1011
08-03-12, 07:44 PM
Can somebody tell me why this site will not work?

I just upgraded to Windows 95 and IE3 on my Everex 386/25, and this site runs slow, search function doesn't work.

Do you think Dial-Up might be the problem?

m14ed
08-03-12, 10:27 PM
Can somebody tell me why this site will not work?

I just upgraded to Windows 95 and IE3 on my Everex 386/25, and this site runs slow, search function doesn't work.

Do you think Dial-Up might be the problem?

Go ahead,,,,

Laugh

I think you may actually be describing my set up.

m14ed
08-03-12, 10:38 PM
when you shift to W7

are you really in any control of your operating system ???

bells and whistles !!
Bells and whistles

silverdollar
05-05-14, 05:58 AM
Does anybody know if LN uses the same IT people as Obama care?