PDA

View Full Version : Army equipment

bobpage
11-21-03, 11:55 AM
What gives with the National Guard and their equipment shortfall in Iraq? Here in the Bay Area all we hear is the whining of the Army National Guard about their lack of equipment. Wait, I did say Army.................well, be that as it may, they are also complaining about their vehicles having no armor doors, etc. Our Hummer was vinyl sided and doored,and we went into Nasiriya and Al Kut that way. For the love of Pete, do they ever stop *****ing? If they got sent forward to partol borders with no weapons and kevlar, someone should be relieved and court martialed. But they won't be. And I am highly suspect of these soldiers jobs. How many doggies are actually patrolling? Not that many. They patrol by motorcade. Why not announce your presence so they will step inside the house until you leave. That way you can continue listening to your Walkman and sleeping as A Driver. This whining and bad mouthing the President is out of control. But again I say, loyalty and DISCIPLINE make us Marines.

:no:

CPL-Mac
11-21-03, 01:31 PM
This is the way I look at it.

The Army will always have the best gear at the party. But they can't dance and have the ugliest date :)

yellowwing
11-21-03, 03:23 PM
What's that old Southern sayin'? "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of fight in the dog." That's why the Kaiser's boys called us DEVIL DOGS!

Chevy2233
11-21-03, 03:58 PM
Marine's do more with less, the Army hasn't figgured out how to do that, they just whine untill we have to do it for them

Devildogg4ever
11-21-03, 06:14 PM
Yes Sir, thats why I tell'em, "Be all you can be, be a Marine"!!

firstsgtmike
11-22-03, 04:02 AM
Ain't Ready to be a Marine Yet.

spells

A R M Y

What is it that you don't understand?

firstsgtmike
11-22-03, 04:33 AM
It's way before my time, but I remember hearing stories from Old Corps Marines of WWII.

They took the island and turned it over to the army. The Japs took it away from the army and the Marines had to go back and do it again.

History? Not if some of the articles I'm reading about Marines going back to Iraq to relieve the army are true.
============================

If you doubt the recognition, the esteem, and the expectations the American public holds for the Marine Corps, answer me this:

When was the last time you read a newspaper article that led off with; "Ex- air force man", or "Ex- sailor," or "Ex-soldier"?"

Why is that?

bobpage
11-22-03, 12:29 PM
There is no doubt why. The word Marine strikes that deep chord. The one that is tied to fear and pride. It is the one that all of our enemies feel when they know we are inbound on their pos.