PDA

View Full Version : Anyone need a photo of Platoon 172,M.C.R.D.,1963?

pocatellodave
07-17-12, 01:43 PM
I hope I'm not violating any of the forums rules,as my intentions are good.I thought I was buying my Platoon picture from 1963,and I made a mistake.I must have graduated in December of 1962.The photo wasn't correct,as S/Sgt McCarthy's glaring eyes weren't there, LOL!The mistake was my fault,but 50 years can fog your memory!I will give the photo to anyone that needs it.I all I ask is you help with the postage.It was my mistake,and I'm not trying to be disrespectful to this forum.It cost me $38.50,but money means nothing when your dealing with your fellow Brothers and Sisters.
Semper Fi

Marine1955
07-17-12, 01:48 PM
why does it cost so much to send??
I have shipped using media mail for books and photos for as little as $3.98 cents. You could go to wal-mart and have them copy off a couple copies and send them and save yours so you don't lose it..

pocatellodave
07-17-12, 04:55 PM
why does it cost so much to send??
I have shipped using media mail for books and photos for as little as $3.98 cents. You could go to wal-mart and have them copy off a couple copies and send them and save yours so you don't lose it..

$38.50 is what I paid for the picture.They wouldn't allow me to return it for the proper picture.I didn't think that was really fair,but I screwed up so I will give the picture to someone that can use it.Postage shouldn't be too much,and if that is an issue,I will pay that as well.
Semper Fi

Marine1955
07-17-12, 07:33 PM
$38.50 is what I paid for the picture.They wouldn't allow me to return it for the proper picture.I didn't think that was really fair,but I screwed up so I will give the picture to someone that can use it.Postage shouldn't be too much,and if that is an issue,I will pay that as well.
Semper Fi

I see now.. Good luck

m14ed
07-18-12, 02:57 AM
Betcha they don't have old ones just "LAYING AROUND"

They made you a COPY of what you asked for, with new paper
from an OLD NEGITIVE...Sorta like asking someone to make
an ANTIQUE 1965 Corvette, for you , then squalking because
you really wanted a '55 corvette..

pocatellodave
07-18-12, 09:44 AM
Betcha they don't have old ones just "LAYING AROUND"

They made you a COPY of what you asked for, with new paper
from an OLD NEGITIVE...Sorta like asking someone to make
an ANTIQUE 1965 Corvette, for you , then squalking because
you really wanted a '55 corvette..

You are exactly right.He also was looking at a negative to see if he had the right picture for sure for my platoon 172,which graduated in December of 1962.I sure hope he got it right,because I hate to spend$77.00 for the wrong picture!It was my fault so I shouldn't whine.I just hope someone can use the one I have now.