PDA

View Full Version : "Kicked out of the Squadron"

Cpl Heglar
07-09-12, 09:49 AM
My Colleague at works brother is a Youngin and don't know any better than to go out get drunk while on leave wreck his car leave the scene then get arrested and blow a .229. Geez talk bout stoopid, ...

spotts
07-09-12, 11:23 AM
His career in the Corps is probably over.

Cpl Heglar
07-09-12, 11:28 AM
Care to elaborate?

spotts
07-09-12, 01:19 PM
The Corps is looking to downsize. Why waste time and effort to continue to keep him in after being prosecuted? They should give him a BCD and then let him go do his jail time.

Marine1955
07-09-12, 01:41 PM
I agree also ,The Corps is downsizing big time and anyone who shows the least little ability to say in Trouble Will be the first to go. Just like corporates they get rid of the undesirables first and keep the Dedicated men and women aboard ship or in your case squadron...They use to TAD them out of there units to get rid of them..

Zulu 36
07-09-12, 03:26 PM
The Corps is looking to downsize. Why waste time and effort to continue to keep him in after being prosecuted? They should give him a BCD and then let him go do his jail time.

They can't give him a BCD without a court-martial conviction and a BCD is part of the sentence. However, he could get a General (and a really crappy RE code) as an admin sep.

If he was HMX-1, I'm not surprised he got the boot out of the squadron since that's a PRP violation he committed.

Even if he's allowed to finish his enlistment, he can likely kiss any re-up goodbye.

tripledog
07-09-12, 05:13 PM
Thank God on that part !!!

Hammer
07-09-12, 06:14 PM
Don't know what state he was caught in, but most of the states have an 0.08 legally drunk law. He blew .229; almost three times the legal limit. I don't know if he had other DUI's, but it appears that he may have.

If the Corps allows him to do a tour overseas,I would be surprised; however stranger things have happened. The best thing would give him a general, and get rid of him unless there are extreme extenuating reasons not to.

On the other hand, if he did a tour; rehabbed himself; towed the line; had satisfactory pros and cons; who knows.

Bottom Line; I would cut my loss's and show him the door.

Mongoose
07-10-12, 09:57 AM
Wrong war! During my time, the Corps took men with worse things than DWI on their record. I'm assuming most went on and made good Marines. They over looked a lot of rowdy behavior, in order to keep men that was willing to fight and die for their Country. It would make me no difference if the Marine covering my back had a DWI on his record or if he had a degree in staying sober.

ChuckH
07-10-12, 10:01 AM
Billy, you forget.... This is the NEW Marine Corps. :evilgrin:

DWG
07-10-12, 10:05 AM
Wrong war! During my time, the Corps took men with worse things than DWI on their record. I'm assuming most went on and made good Marines. They over looked a lot of rowdy behavior, in order to keep men that was willing to fight and die for their Country. It would make me no difference if the Marine covering my back had a DWI on his record or if he had a degree in staying sober.

Thinking the same thing; lot of guys back then had the choice; enlist or do time. But it is a new day and a new all volunteer force. The Corps won't waste its' time, nor should it, on problem cases. A shame a stupid decision could ruin a career, but it won't be the first, or last , time it happens.

Cpl Heglar
07-10-12, 10:34 AM
Thanks Billy for that bit. I have known alot of Veterans in my short 44 years of life and have asked many men why did you go into the Army Airforce Marines and I would venture to say that 20% before 1980 stated that the Judge told them either join or go to jail so they joined being the lesser of the 2 evils.

Todays Service is so politically driven it sickens me. If you are not politically correct you are a ****bird. One of the main reasons I did my 6 and got out.

This Marine is a basic boot going from training in Mech school to his perm duty station. I served at HMX-1 Zulu 36 not this gent. I don't think just cause you have 1 bad night you should get a BCD, We were all young at one time and everyone of us made stupid mistakes but not all of us got caught.

Kev

Zulu 36
07-10-12, 10:46 AM
Thanks Billy for that bit. I have known alot of Veterans in my short 44 years of life and have asked many men why did you go into the Army Airforce Marines and I would venture to say that 20% before 1980 stated that the Judge told them either join or go to jail so they joined being the lesser of the 2 evils.

Todays Service is so politically driven it sickens me. If you are not politically correct you are a ****bird. One of the main reasons I did my 6 and got out.

This Marine is a basic boot going from training in Mech school to his perm duty station. I served at HMX-1 Zulu 36 not this gent. I don't think just cause you have 1 bad night you should get a BCD, We were all young at one time and everyone of us made stupid mistakes but not all of us got caught.

Kev

Well, then disregard everything about HMX-1 and PRP after "hello." ;)

Things have changed across the board when it comes to drinking. Drunk driving was starting to become a big deal toward the end of my time in the Corps (76/77).

FistFu68
07-10-12, 11:47 AM

Things have changed across the board when it comes to drinking. Drunk driving was starting to become a big deal toward the end of my time in the Corps (76/77).:beer: "The Secret Service Is Looking For A Few Good Men" :beer:

DWG
07-10-12, 11:53 AM
:beer: "The Secret Service Is Looking For A Few Good Men" :beer:

GOOD POINT!!!:thumbup:

oldtop
07-10-12, 12:50 PM
unless things have changed since 2003, if he's an E4 or under, he'll have the opportunity to go to alcohol rehab and if he successfully completes the program, he will complete his enlistment...if...

Cpl Heglar
07-10-12, 12:59 PM

Things have changed across the board when it comes to drinking. Drunk driving was starting to become a big deal toward the end of my time in the Corps (76/77).

No Problem Zulu, In actuality I should have made this clear in the original post.

Best,

Kev

Marine1955
07-10-12, 03:11 PM
Hell there looking for a few good women !!
what you talking about Willis !!!

http://i53.tinypic.com/27xotmv.jpg

ggyoung
07-10-12, 04:38 PM
When I was in reciving at SD 3 were brought in in handcuffs. 2 of them made the Marine Corps there life and retired after 20 some years. 1 done his time with 2 tures in Vietnam and got out as a sergent.

Mongoose
07-10-12, 05:27 PM
That's correct, Guy. It's hard for me to understand, where they put priorities. It's o.k. to chow down on your buddy, they can tolerate that. But for Gods sake, don't drink and drive.

Tennessee Top
07-10-12, 05:59 PM
It's not only drinking.

They don't want us looking like members of the Hell's Angels (tattoo policy), you can be court martialed for paying a prostitute (anti human trafficking policy), and of course, DADT was repealed.

What's next?

ggyoung
07-10-12, 07:43 PM
:mad::thumbdown
It's not only drinking.

They don't want us looking like members of the Hell's Angels (tattoo policy), you can be court martialed for paying a prostitute (anti human trafficking policy), and of course, DADT was repealed.

What's next?

Oh no not that. Please not that. What are all the little *****s on OKI going to do

ggyoung
07-11-12, 08:49 AM
The Marine Corps that I was in would never send ther s---heads to another comand untill there normall rotation time. What has happened here sounds more like the army.

Mongoose
07-11-12, 09:07 AM
In our time, we dealt with what we had. Good or bad. We preformed our own attitude adjustments.