PDA

View Full Version : Scam Alert

Zulu 36
07-05-12, 08:48 AM
FYI for all Leatherneck members: I received the following PM today. This is a Nigerian type scam. The sender has been perma-banned. Please be alert for similar posts from senders other than efaith. Report such posts to any Squad Leader for action.

Hi Dear,

After going through your profile i decided to contact you for a help in transferring of SEVEN MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS ONLY which was deposited in a bank here in our country and it was because of this money they poisoned my father, i decided to look for some one whom i trust that will help me transfer this money out of this country to his account for investment purpose abroad while i will come over to continue my education.Waiting to hear from you soonest and you can as well get back to me with this private email address.

(egoben200@gmail.com)
thanks
Miss Egobia

irpat54
07-05-12, 08:54 AM
yup got one of those as well,, i sent a copy to RI,, but i see your on top of it,

DWG
07-05-12, 10:16 AM
You mean I won't be getting my $7,500,000 dollar check soon?
:scared: :cry:

FistFu68
07-05-12, 10:31 AM
:beer: LMFAO-:D Dumb Ass Nigerian Mutha F**Ker's never cease 2 Amaze Me~~~:D

Rocky C
07-05-12, 10:41 AM
I didn't get one but other members have forwarded them to me.
Thanks Chris for getting on top of that so quick.

Semper Fi,
Rocky

DWG
07-05-12, 11:47 AM
:confused:Maybe Chris is just keepin' all that money to himself!!!
:devious:

ggyoung
07-05-12, 12:01 PM
I get some of them from time to imet

Tennessee Top
07-06-12, 11:59 AM
There's only ONE reason these scams continue to exist....as unbelievable as it may seem to any reasonable person, you know there are enough greedy or just plain stupid idiots out there who actually fall for them and try to collect those millions of phantom dollars! The Nigerians (or whomever they are) play the odds; they may send out a hundred thousand e-mails to catch only one fool. Besides, what else do they have to do all day?

Guppy
07-06-12, 12:49 PM
It is amazing how many people still fall for this.