PDA

View Full Version : Camp S.D. Butler, Okinawa?

lazyluke
06-24-12, 03:25 PM
I was stationed on Okinawa in 68-69. My duty station is listed in my records only as HQBN Camp S.D. Butler. Does anyone know if this was part of a Division? Is it it's own entity? I'm confused. I know that S.D. Butler consisted of many different bases throughout the Pacific including I think Japan. Anyone got a clue?

irpat54
06-24-12, 05:21 PM
I was stationed on Okinawa in 68-69. My duty station is listed in my records only as HQBN Camp S.D. Butler. Does anyone know if this was part of a Division? Is it it's own entity? I'm confused. I know that S.D. Butler consisted of many different bases throughout the Pacific including I think Japan. Anyone got a clue?

i was at camp Swab(spelling) and that was 3rd Marine Division,, so i just assumed that all of the Marines there were 3rd Mar. Div..

MintusMaximus
06-25-12, 04:20 AM
If your orders say Camp Butler; you were attached to Base not division. Also things get redone...for instance I was with HQBN my first duty station, and it was 3rd MARDIV.

Quinbo
06-25-12, 05:13 AM
Currently Camp Butler is a conglomerate of all the bases on Okinawa plus Camp Fuji. It is not base or division specific. Kinda like horno and pulgas are both part of Pendleton.

Tennessee Top
06-25-12, 05:19 AM
Both times I went to Okinawa (MWHS-1, 1stMAW, FMFPac), my squadron was located at Camp Butler mainside. Camps Zukeran and Foster were nearby.