PDA

View Full Version : Mail call

mexbearlll
06-06-12, 07:18 AM
now adays with all the new electronic's do you still get snail mail in boot camp. just wondering if they still yell MAIL CALL????

Marinemom32
06-06-12, 08:00 AM
My son left for boot camp one year ago today, and yes everything is still done by snail mail, and they still have mail call. And that is still something they very much look forward too. They still have mail call at SOI as well.

McT ontheRock71
06-06-12, 08:09 AM
I remember centering myself in front of the Drill Instructor's seat after he bellowed my name for mail call and sounding off " Sir, the Private requests his mail". Then he would throw however many letters you received at you and if any fell on the deck, the Drill Instructor reasoned they contained subversive material and he made you read them out loud. Needless to say many Recruits had to read some embarassing lines from girlfriends or spouses.

mexbearlll
06-06-12, 09:32 AM
thanks for the reply. now I know for my son next year.

Marinemom32
06-06-12, 09:56 AM
thanks for the reply. now I know for my son next year.

No problem. And Congratulatons to your son, and you! You must be very proud of him. It took about two weeks for me to get the letter with his address and what company he was in. And they still call to let you know they arrive. After that I didn't get to talk to him till liberty Sunday after the Crucible.

Apache
06-06-12, 10:41 AM
OH ----
The memories -----

I'm gonna undo what your Mama took 18 years to do and I've got 12 weeks to do it.

Hang on Maggot !

ameriken
06-06-12, 11:10 AM
Email is great nowadays, but nothing beats getting a letter in boot camp from your GF that has the faint smell of her perfume on it.

m14ed
06-06-12, 06:33 PM
Tell your sons girlfriend to "Stink it Up" with smellgood,

mark "S.W.A.K." on the outside of the back flap........

Maybe sneak in a piece of chewinggum inside the letter too, just for
a treat....

"He'll have memories" !!!

Marine1955
06-06-12, 08:29 PM
Tell your sons girlfriend to "Stink it Up" with smellgood,

mark "S.W.A.K." on the outside of the back flap........

Maybe sneak in a piece of chewinggum inside the letter too, just for
a treat....

"He'll have memories" !!!

Hell yea put some gum inside with some goodsmellen stuff on there I'm sure the D.I. want even notice the bump inside. Hahahahahahahahahaha..
and after he does about a million bends and thrust he will just love her even more...Hhahahahaha...

mexbearlll
06-06-12, 09:28 PM
Boy you guys can sure bring back those memories so clearly,only it was the WIFE that did the perfume, S W A K,and chewinggum... As her father was a navy DI at one time........LOL

The DUKE
06-06-12, 09:38 PM
Ohhhh how well I remember that one lonely night about four weeks in,
we were so desperate for some mail from home,
well care full what you wish for gents,
my prom queen sent me a letter in some pretty frilly lacy stationary,
laced it up pretty good with perfumeries,
then on top of that they put in three pics,
one of just her in a halter top with hip hugger bell bottoms,
one of my two cousins in halter tops and hip hugger bells and one of her friend with a see thru halter top and hip hugger bell bottoms, sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit was I in trouble for about a week,
I never thought you could physically do that many squat thrusts
nuff said

micarr57
06-07-12, 09:28 PM
Ohhhh how well I remember that one lonely night about four weeks in,
we were so desperate for some mail from home,
well care full what you wish for gents,
my prom queen sent me a letter in some pretty frilly lacy stationary,
laced it up pretty good with perfumeries,
then on top of that they put in three pics,
one of just her in a halter top with hip hugger bell bottoms,
one of my two cousins in halter tops and hip hugger bells and one of her friend with a see thru halter top and hip hugger bell bottoms, sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit was I in trouble for about a week,
I never thought you could physically do that many squat thrusts
nuff said

just curious....you still got those pics??

m14ed
06-08-12, 05:05 AM
just curious....you still got those pics??

Spoken like a True Marine !! /\

"Show'um IF you Got'tum" !!!!!

This really isn't going ASTRAY on a thread.
More of a "Complete Discussion on the issue"
?????

Ray Merrell
06-08-12, 10:51 AM
Main Call...we lived for it!

Gung Ho,

Ray

The DUKE
06-08-12, 04:17 PM
I'll look through the old bin, if I got em I'll post em some time this weekend, wait for it??? I'm telling ya, these will kill you, from back in the late 60's early 70's, WOW sooooo hot, and man I paid for every inch.

micarr57
06-09-12, 10:20 PM
is ok i got the time

m14ed
06-10-12, 02:31 PM
is ok i got the time

Ditto !

bodidly58
06-10-12, 04:47 PM
You guys are killing me! As I recall, back in '75 I received a letter from my (Career Army soldier) brother's wife containing a key ring with the Marine Corps emblem on it. In those days, we had to literally 'slap' the letter out of the DI's hand, one on top of the other...Only this time he held on to it.......I knew I was in trouble as I had 'slapped' something and it was burning my fingers! He said, "That better not be what I think it be, boy! OPEN it!" Man, was I ever relieved to see that it was a key ring! After that, I ALWAYS signed my letters, 'Please don't send anything in the letters!, Mack'

Tookie22
06-10-12, 05:05 PM
Jeez you old salts. Hip huggers and bell bottoms... not sure how epic the pics were but I'd still like to see them. Yes we get snail mail. My brother is there right now and I wrote him a letter. Also what is SWAK? Maybe Im just too young for that. My girl at the time sent me some pictures the bulky letter definitely caught my Sr.'s attention. He was impressed and even though I was thrashed my Sr let me keep them. Totally worth it.

bodidly58
06-10-12, 05:19 PM
:flag:
Jeez you old salts. Hip huggers and bell bottoms... not sure how epic the pics were but I'd still like to see them. Yes we get snail mail. My brother is there right now and I wrote him a letter. Also what is SWAK? Maybe Im just too young for that. My girl at the time sent me some pictures the bulky letter definitely caught my Sr.'s attention. He was impressed and even though I was thrashed my Sr let me keep them. Totally worth it.
Sealed with a kiss! Man, you really are a newbie! LOL! Oh, and BTW, I think being an old salt is cool!

Tookie22
06-10-12, 05:44 PM
Why SWAK though? Girls would put on lip gloss or lipstick and actually put their lips on the back of the envelope. Different times I guess. Ha Being an Old salt has it's perks. Ill be there one day but I still have my young yrs in front.

Marine1955
06-10-12, 10:17 PM
Oh hell by the time we went to bed at night we were so tired we didn't care about fondling our self's , we wanted to go to sleep so we could wake up for the next morning to see they would hit us with...
Sex was no way close on our or my mind !!!!
just graduating from boot camp..

m14ed
06-11-12, 03:12 AM
what is SWAK?

S.W.A.K.

Sealed with a kiss........

I got a letter with SWAK and a stick of GUM.
Drill Instructor said,
"Since she cared so much to seal it with a kiss,
You open it the same way she sealed it."

Dropped it onto the deck ,
and said "pushups while you open it...."

So, Uncounted pushups later, CHEATING all the time, LICKING and nibbling anyway i could catch that envelope to get that back flap open !!!!

Like i said,,
MEMORIES.

OH, i had to eat the gum, wrapper and all
before i could rise from doing pushups OPENING....