PDA

View Full Version : Covering Each Other's 6

TracGunny
11-16-03, 09:43 AM
Okay, so I am still a little (a lot?) boot to the site, registering within the last week, and still reconning the area to get a feel for it. I figured that there had to be a reason for the site to have over 10,000 members and growing. The sea stories are entertaining, comments on current events didactic, chat room hospitable and amusing, and recounts of tours of duty enlightening. However, I discovered the true gem of the site and its greatest potential; the vast resource of knowledge and information the 10,000-plus members represent. You would think this is obvious, yet there are times when the obvious does not become obvious to me until it smacks me in between the running lights.

I posted an article from the local rag about new Veterans Cemetery authorizations in my area, including the rag’s list of requirements for national cemetery burials. CAS3 was quick to point out that the rag’s scuttlebutt was woefully inadequate and pointed me to the sources of great intell (see post “SE Ga / NE Fl Veterans Cemetery). I was initially embarrassed at posting such potentially bad bum scoop, then came to the realization that had I not, I would not have received the benefit of CAS3’s G2.

Fortunately, I learned early in my tour of duty that knowledge is learned from everywhere and everyone; and later in my tour I discovered that even PVT’s have something to teach Gunnys. Hopefully, I will carry this attitude throughout my silly-villain days. You know, being open-minded without letting my brains fall out… Therefore, I am positive that this will not be the last time that CAS3, and others, will come to my rescue and help make my life a little less hard. Remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question, although we have all from time to time run across some truly inquisitive idiots.

Thanks again, CAS3, for the great intell!

CAS3
11-16-03, 10:27 AM
Gunny,
Welcome aboard.
I appreciate your kind words and inspiration. The premise of this site is to assist Marines. Including pre and post Marines.
I may have only been a PFC but I have been working with the VA for 5 years and I try to help servicemembers and veterans alike.
I don't think you needed rescuing just the facts given to you straight. Afterall, that is why we are all here. If you didn't post a guestion or concern someone else would go on being misinformed.
Semper Fi
and Welcome
Colleen

TracGunny
11-16-03, 10:38 AM
Intelligence knows no rank or age...

Doc Crow
11-17-03, 01:21 AM
Welcome Gunny I am also new