PDA

View Full Version : Switch from reserves to active duty

slambert
04-19-12, 11:14 AM
Good morning ladies and gentleman. I have been trying to switch from the reserves to active duty for about 14 months now. My package is currently at MCRC. (Marine Corps Recruiting Command) It has been there for a while. My life is on hold right now waiting for this to go through. I don't mean to complain I'm just ready to start my full time career in the thing I love most. I know this is a long shot but I was wondering if any Marines might know anyone working at MCRC who might be able to push my package. I don't mean to jump chain command but it seems to me you have to do the leg work if you want your career to get moving. Any help would be Appriciated. I went reserves when I was 17 and had different reasons for joining. In my opionion it was for the wrong reasons. I see it as a a blessingnow to have joined and now know the right reasons and to be able to switch to the active side and serve my country to the fullest. My wife and I dream of this. Thank you and Semper Fidelis

BGW
04-19-12, 02:46 PM
You would be lucky if anyone could provide you with up to date information on this process, let alone to actually be at this unit to push your package along. Sorry for the disappointing comment, I would like to help you but I am not in any position to do so. Maybe some one can actually help you.