View Full Version : Gay reservist in Lejeune brig is focus of anti-war protest

thedrifter
11-13-03, 07:01 AM
Gay reservist in Lejeune brig is focus of anti-war protest <br />
November 13,2003 <br />
ERIC STEINKOPFF <br />
DAILY NEWS STAFF <br />
<br />
A Marine reservist in the Camp Lejeune brig who claims to be a gay...

MillRatUSMC
11-13-03, 09:54 AM
Oh! what a baby...
"It was a time in his life when he was disillusioned about college and he was battling with his own sexuality," Pacis said. "He was 20 years old and felt restless - without structure."
It's time mom cuts the apron strings.
Many have given their all, while this buthole was running away.
6 months instead of death is a small price to pay.
IMHO

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

Super Dave
11-13-03, 10:11 AM
I'm SICK and tired of the PUS*IES that sign up for the bennies then when it comes time to do their job, they say wait..hold it..i don't want to do that! If you sign up, you go..end of F'ing story! if you don't want the possibility of serving don't enlist!!

yellowwing
11-13-03, 11:37 AM
"Six months confinement for 47 days (absent without official leave) is out of step with society." - Not for our Marines Corps! I think they went soft by letting him keep a third of his pay.

mrbsox
11-13-03, 12:10 PM
I think they went soft by letting him keep a third of his pay.

What about just getting a BCD ?

DIS-Honorable should have been the decision. He didn't act BAD, he showed no honor.

And ditto to everybody else.

Terry

CplCrotty
11-13-03, 01:55 PM
This fruit loop raised his right hand and swore an oath to his country, and then subsequently broke it. He has no honor. A dishonorable discharge would have been more appropriate.

firstsgtmike
11-13-03, 02:01 PM
Articles like this, concerning protests and rallys, remind me of a time when I was a kid. There was a fire in the neighborhood. It consumed several buildings. It is not an exaggeration to say that the spectators numbered in the thousands.

It did not make an impression on me at the time, but when I look back I remember seeing a great quantity of street vendors that were attracted by the opportunity offered by the crowd.

They were selling balloons, ice cream, Dodger baseball pennants, cotton candy, hot dogs, knishes, pretsels, apples, and kosher pickles. The neighborhood photograper and his pony was selling children's photos, and there was even an organ grinder with his monkey.

That was a "spur of the moment" opportunity, too good to miss out on.

Times change. Communications being what they are, it's easier to plan ahead, and to get the word out.

Phones, faxes, and e-mails get put to work. "We're having a protest rally next Saturday, we've notified the press and TV, do you want to join in?

And so: Anti-war, anti-military, gay rights, Committies to Support ....., Committees Against ......., Citizens for ....., Citizens Against ....., Ban The Bomb, Save the Whales, etc. will comprise the crowds.

Sometimes I wonder if a "Neighborhood Vendor's Association", to create an opportunity for increased sales, were the original organizers of the "event".

"Busines has been slow this month, let's get a protest rally going, it's easier than starting a fire."

MarineGrunt1775
11-13-03, 04:29 PM
Hey Super Dave. I agree with you. When I was in the first Gulf War I ran into a reservist from my hometown. He was *****in too that he had to leave piror to he had to take finals and would have to taken them after he returned. Hell you know what you're getting into when you sign up. I think even 48hrs ran a segment on reservist and the national guard being called up. I remember they showed a reserve WM whinning that she had to leave her b/f. Hell she whined too when her 1st SGT *****ed her out when she couldn't BZO her M-16. Just made u shake your head.
Hey that reservist from my hometown got over it. We kept hooch juice around. After that ,his problems went away....

kentmitchell
11-13-03, 05:59 PM
Re Mama's comment on the sentence being "out of step with society"

Yeah. And we're extremists, too.

Devildogg4ever
11-13-03, 06:09 PM
I agree with everyone here! Most like this are pu**ies and mama's boys! The man should receive no pay and a dishonorable discharge! He signed a contract just like the rest, yet wants better...

FREDDY
11-13-03, 08:41 PM
I myself think he should be shot ! ! period

Doc Crow
11-14-03, 12:21 AM
All I want to know is how you join the Corps and be a C.O.

jerry wozny
11-14-03, 05:53 AM
He ran in the face a war he should be shot, he deserted his unit when the had to face it, he is a chicken sh*t coward that needs to be treated as one. A BCD is to good for him, he should have be given a Dis Honorable, he is a coward and I hope he gets what he deserves from the prisoners.

CPL-Mac
11-14-03, 11:58 AM
Ready......Aim......FIRE!!!!!!!!

marinemom
11-14-03, 12:10 PM
I have two words for that mother - and they are not Merry Christmas

thedrifter
11-14-03, 12:16 PM
marinemom

:eek:

Mental Note to self....

Never cross Marinemom......;)

Sempers,

Roger
:marine:

Sparrowhawk
11-14-03, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by MillRatUSMC
... while this buthole was running away.

LOL
:yes:

Sixguns
11-14-03, 04:06 PM
You have to admit though, this guys was smart. He made sure he was doubly covered. Not only was he a consciencous objector, but he is also gay. Surely if he can't get out of service for one reason, he has a second to fall back on. The best part is this. If he really is gay he's probably getting real good treatment from the guards!!!! It may have been a great gay fantasy to go to a civilian jail or prison, but the USMC brig is a whole different story. Well, best wishes to this Mo!!!

SIXGUNS

btrogu
11-14-03, 04:53 PM
Hell, let him prove he's gay. Lock him up in Rahway for one week and then see. Didn't he see the recruitment poster. If you want to fight, join the Marines....

TracGunny
11-14-03, 04:57 PM
Unfortunately, not everyone who puts on the uniform is a Marine; there are a lot of pretenders out there. A crusty Sgt Maj once told me that in peace time the s**t floats to the top, only in time of war will the cream rise above the s**t.

btrogu
11-14-03, 05:03 PM
Maybe he got things mixed up about the rifel range when he heard that he would have his turn on the butts..

marinemom
11-14-03, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by thedrifter
marinemom

:eek:

Mental Note to self....

Never cross Marinemom......;)

Sempers,

Roger
:marine:

Why drifter, whatever do you mean by that??????

I am sweet, kind, charming, shy and retiring............and really want to take that mother to reality school

ivalis
11-14-03, 10:09 PM
An AWOL reservist, reminds me of our commander in chief.

arzach
11-15-03, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by ivalis
An AWOL reservist, reminds me of our commander in chief.

Or maybe his draft-dodging predecesor...wasn't he also a felon?

You hanging out in J-ville today?

ivalis
11-15-03, 12:25 PM
just check out "awolbush.com", just another "felon" draft dodger like clinton