PDA

View Full Version : Mothers

SGT7477
03-11-12, 02:56 PM
Lorane ( My mother) always cherished this poem from me which I sent her while in the Marines. She had it framed and hanging on her wall.
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS
Camp LeJeune, North Carolina
WHEN GOD CREATED MOTHERS
When the good Lord was creating mothers, He was into his sixth day of overtime, when an Angel appeared and said, “You’re doing a lot of fiddling around on this one.” And the Lord said, “Have you read the specs on this order. She has to be completely washable, but not plastic. Have 180 moveable parts, run on black coffee and leftovers, have a lap that disappears when she stands up, a kiss that can cure anything from a broken leg to a disappointed love affair and six pairs of hands.
The Angel shook her head slowly and said, “six pairs of hands, no way.” It’s not the hands that are causing me problems, says the Lord, it’s the 3 pairs of eyes that mothers have to have.
“That’s on a standard model,” asked the Angel. The Lord nodded, “One pair that sees through closed doors when she asks “What are you kids doing?” when she already knows. Another pair in the back of her head that sees what she shouldn’t, but what she has to know. And of course the ones in the front that can look at a child when he goofs up and says, “I understand and I love you,” without uttering a word.
“Lord,” said the Angel, touching His sleeve gently, “Come to bed.” “I can’t” said the Lord. “ I’m close to creating something so close to myself. Already I have one who heals herself when she is sick, can feed a family of five on one pound of hamburger and can get a nine year old to stand under a shower.”
Then Angel circled the model of the mother very slowly. “It’s so soft. “But tough,” said the Lord excitedly. “You can’t imagine what this mother can do or endure.”
“Can it think?” “Not only think, but it can reason and compromise,” said the Creator. Finally, the Angel bent over and ran her finger across the cheek.. “There’s a leak,” she pronounced. “I told you that you were trying to put too much into this model.”
“It’s not a leak,” said the Lord. “It’s a tear.”
“What’s it for?”
“It’s for joy, sadness, disappointment, pain, loneliness and pride.”
“You’re a genius,” said the Angel.
The Lord looked somber: “I didn’t put it there.”
Author Unknown
Love your son
Ronnie Lee
USMC

Rocky C
03-11-12, 03:26 PM
Ronnie My Brother.

My Heart, Thoughts and Prayers go out to you and your Family on the loss of Your Mom.

Beautiful poem.

I am here if you need me...

Semper Fi,
Rocky

irpat54
03-11-12, 03:46 PM
All my prayers an thoughts out to you

Marinemom32
03-12-12, 10:15 AM
Beautiful poem, and so sorry for your loss.

SGT7477
03-12-12, 09:01 PM
Beautiful poem, and so sorry for your loss.

Thank You,Semper Fidelis.

SGT7477
03-13-12, 10:29 AM
Ronnie My Brother.

My Heart, Thoughts and Prayers go out to you and your Family on the loss of Your Mom.

Beautiful poem.

I am here if you need me...

Semper Fi,
Rocky

Thank You Rocky,Semper Fidelis Rocky.