PDA

View Full Version : reenlisting and lat-moving

DevilDogJGS
03-07-12, 01:02 PM
Afternoon Marines, I just had a question about reenlisting and lat-moving. Does anyone know if and when tank crew MOSs will be accepting lat-moves. Or if motor t or arty will be?

I want to reenlist but only if I can get out of my MOS. I honestly dont like being an Ordnance tech. Just don't have any intrest in it at all. I was just at the career planner and the SSGT in S2 said that if its closed out you will not beable to get in. So Im kinda scared since I don't want to get out.

The MOSs that I do want are Tank crew or AAV, motor t Artiliery, and MP in that order. If anyone could help me out would be awesome thank you.

thewookie
03-07-12, 01:28 PM
Have you spoken to the career jammer, DevilDog?

That would be my first choice for info, not saying somebody here does not know, but.

DevilDogJGS
03-07-12, 03:17 PM
I tried to but he was busy at the moment so I just left since I was pressed for time. I cant't reenlist til july so I will just wait.

Zulu 36
03-08-12, 12:02 PM
Don't drag it out. The sooner you can start your package, the better.

FaDeD
03-08-12, 12:07 PM
At the end of november they will take your lat move packages. HQMC takes them first week of December. Make sure you have other MOS choices you would like as well. THE form requires THREE MOS choices. I take it your a FY13 Marine for reenlistment. Be advised though, i recently had a Sgt check in to a unit i was TAD to and he said there phasing tanks out and alot of them are being denied reenlistment into their own MOS and are being required to fill other needs in the Corps.

Just something to think about.

Sgt. S.

DevilDogJGS
03-09-12, 05:11 AM
Thanks all for the replies. I didnt know they were phasing them out So i will have to look at that. Is something else taking their place though? Isnt it kinda dumb to get ride of tanks I mean what if we need them later on? I also want to do AAV and this new thing I just found on the MOS Manual, EFV basicly looks like a tank that can go in the water like AAV.

And I talked to the actually Career Planner yesterday and I was wrong what that list was about he told me the same thing I can lat move around november and I will narrow my choices down to three. And go from there. I really want to stay in. Just not this MOS hopefully I will get what I want.

blackshirts
03-18-12, 05:35 PM
Ha, sounds like pure scuttlebutt in regards to phasing tanks out. Baseless rumor. I'm in 1st Tanks.

DevilDogJGS
03-18-12, 06:49 PM
Thats what I was thinking. So can you tell me about tank crew Cpl? I always wanted to be tanks but just didnt choose the job and I been kicking myself ever since.

SgtMason
03-18-12, 10:59 PM
If you're looking into artillery...it's a fun job. Demanding at times...but fun. When that stops being fun, you can go to himars.

DevilDogJGS
03-19-12, 10:25 AM
I was talking about those to my sgt the other day. I dont know exactly what I want. All I know is I want to do iether tanks, arty or AAV. I narrowed it down to those 3. Now I just have to do packets and get them in. I go back to my home command. Been FAPed out the last year so hopefully they wont try to deny me orders or anything.

SgtMason
03-23-12, 12:02 AM
More than likely they will be happy to get rid of you. Go see the career jammer at your faped unit. They can set up your re-enlistment and school dates...then all you do is check out of your faped unit, your parent unit and then check in to your new unit and wait till you get your orders for school...

blackshirts
03-23-12, 08:38 PM
Thats what I was thinking. So can you tell me about tank crew Cpl? I always wanted to be tanks but just didnt choose the job and I been kicking myself ever since.
Tanks are good to go. It can get boring for crews though, since they typically chill all day talking unless we're in the field, which is often. I'm not sure I'd recommend it for a lat move careerist.

Personally, I want out of Tanks and looking to join up with Arty if I choose to re-enlist and go FO.