PDA

View Full Version : I am a United States Marine

ssgtt32
03-03-12, 05:00 PM
I am a United States Marine! My Tenets are DUTY, HONOR, and COMMITMENT in service to GOD,COUNTRY, and CORPS! No matter the cost; no sacrifice; even to the last, full measure; I will do my duty! I will honor the traditions of those Marines who have gone before me; as they have passed to me so I will pass to those who follow the sword of freedom, the banner of COURAGE, the unblemished honor of the Corps; for service without honor is not service! I will serve with HONOR I will remain faithful at all times; to my CORPS. my DIVISION, to my REGIMENT, my COMPANY, my PLATOON, my SQUAD, to my FIRE-TEAM and these tenets! I will be commited, I AM A MARINE! I am not an ex or a former Marine; I am or am not. There is no middle ground!

I AM A UNITED STATES MARINE!

s/f
Maurice

Nebraska
03-03-12, 05:59 PM
I am a United States Marine! My Tenets are DUTY, HONOR, and COMMITMENT in service to GOD,COUNTRY, and CORPS! No matter the cost; no sacrifice; even to the last, full measure; I will do my duty! I will honor the traditions of those Marines who have gone before me; as they have passed to me so I will pass to those who follow the sword of freedom, the banner of COURAGE, the unblemished honor of the Corps; for service without honor is not service! I will serve with HONOR I will remain faithful at all times; to my CORPS. my DIVISION, to my REGIMENT, my COMPANY, my PLATOON, my SQUAD, to my FIRE-TEAM and these tenets! I will be commited, I AM A MARINE! I am not an ex or a former Marine; I am or am not. There is no middle ground!

I AM A UNITED STATES MARINE!

s/f
Maurice

:thumbup: Rahh

Bruce59
03-03-12, 06:04 PM
Now that needs a little music behind it to make it perfect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS40nr3Jmic

ssgtt32
03-03-12, 06:31 PM
Bruce59, thanks! I have posted things one here and no body commented, I thought that I had been forgotten! Outstanding vid! wish I had thought about it!

s/f
Maurice

Duke1970
03-03-12, 08:04 PM
I had a Korean War Marine Vet ask if I was an ex-Marine after I commented on his hat. I did not correct him out of respect, but I sure wanted to say I did not quit being a Marine even though I left active service in 1978!

Bruce59
03-04-12, 08:24 AM
SSgtt32, Many time you will find that you will not get a reply, it depends who
is on at the time of your post. Keep posting, that was good stuff.

Rocky C
03-04-12, 08:30 AM
Bruce59, thanks! I have posted things one here and no body commented, I thought that I had been forgotten! Outstanding vid! wish I had thought about it!

s/f
Maurice

Great post Brother !!!
Thank you.

Semper Fi,
Rocky

Ray Merrell
03-04-12, 08:58 AM
Amen and Gung Ho ssgttt32.
Great words...great post! Thank you.

Ray

Apache
03-04-12, 09:25 AM
Right back to basics----
Course without basics we couldn't progress.
Hats off to those who instill these basics even as we are on this site

Thanks for sharing

YLDNDN6
03-06-12, 02:12 PM
ssgtt32...sometimes when you post something so awesome, there is no response that seems adequate. Great post, Brother! Semper Fidelis!