PDA

View Full Version : MRE cook book

Spears
02-25-12, 10:59 PM
So anytime we're in the field, I notice every Marine has his preference/ritual when it come to chow time, from throwing everything into the main bag and mixing it up, to very meticulously eating only the yellow m&m's cause it was good luck. I ran a search,.and didn't see a similar topic, so let's hear it ladies and gents, and feel free to share your favorite meals ready to eat also.

Spears
02-25-12, 11:01 PM
I forgot to share, has got to be chicken pesto pasta, with Bacon cheese melted and mixed, ate it every day, every meal, for 6 weeks, still not sick of it.

acg8276
02-25-12, 11:08 PM
In the mid 80's the MREs were just coming in and the C-Rats were going out. Either way, helmet stew was a staple on the OP in the colder months.

One helmet on the heat, throw in any and all provisions from whatever they gave us. Add water and heat. Serve in canteen cup.

Sill have a "John Wayne" on my key ring.

Spears
02-26-12, 08:57 AM
Sounds good Sgt. I've found that with any field chow, mixing it all up usually makes it better.

Zulu 36
02-26-12, 09:07 AM
Here is the link for the "Unofficial MRE Cookbook" put out by the Tabasco Co.

http://countrystore.tabasco.com/prodinfo.asp?number=04845

irpat54
02-26-12, 10:36 AM
k- or c- rat's..beef and rocks,,or spaghetti and meat balls (or ball of grease),,when i wan in the res. in 90 and 91 had to be ether the the MRE chicken or the beef or ham slice,, i never mixed any thin up,,for get the chicken ala king,,yuk!!!!!but with the k or c rats,, give me Tabasco or reg hot sauce i was good to go

TheReservist
02-26-12, 10:56 AM
When I was in from 2004, they changed up the menu on the MREs and took out and added some things every couple of years.

With every change, it seemed like the manufacturers knew the quality of the main course by what sides they added, i.e. the scrambled eggs came with awesome poptarts

FistFu68
02-26-12, 04:13 PM
:beer: I still Buy C-Rats at Gun Shows...Ham & Mutha F**Kers with Tabasco (BUFFALO FLAVOR) YUMMY :beer: :iwo:

irpat54
02-26-12, 05:32 PM
ya and don't forget the sh...disc,,,,

0621radiogal
02-26-12, 05:56 PM
Veggie omlet is used as a punishment if we screw up in the field. i heard they got discontinued but i still see them. bleugh.

Big Boz
02-26-12, 09:09 PM
I may be the only Marine to actually like the Oatmeal Dirt Bar. :thumbup: