PDA

View Full Version : Orders to 2nd Intel

Cardboardbox
02-24-12, 11:20 AM
I'm a weather Marine and I've only been at the RMC at Cherry Point for a couple of months and I already got orders to Intel BN. I've been to dirty J-ville plenty of times but I've only been on Camp Lejeune once and that was a few years ago before I was a Marine.

What can I expect on the ground side of the Marine Corps?

Sgt Leprechaun
02-27-12, 06:01 PM
My time there was 98-00, so things may have changed some. Really, it's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Are you single/in barracks, or with family?

Where is Intel Bn? (What part of base, I mean..) Mainside or elsewhere?

Cardboardbox
02-28-12, 11:54 AM
I'm single and in the barracks, no family yet (gotta live my life first :) )

and I have no idea about anything on that base. I was just there one time and that was so long ago.

devilbones2
02-28-12, 03:14 PM
Kiss your career goodbye. You might leave J-ville as an E2 if your lucky. JK, should be a good tour. As long as you dont get all caught up in the strip club/drinking mess. Lots of things to do in the area.

Cardboardbox
02-28-12, 07:19 PM
Kiss your career goodbye. You might leave J-ville as an E2 if your lucky. JK, should be a good tour. As long as you dont get all caught up in the strip club/drinking mess. Lots of things to do in the area.

I've actually seen that before.. it wasn't pretty at all. I don't think strip clubs are my thing really. I love Havelock, it's perfect for me.