PDA

View Full Version : administration separation!?

SeeD013
02-21-12, 03:38 PM
First time posting on this site so I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong place.

I arrived at bootcamp in Dec.2009 graduated march2010 and i was told,based on my dental xrays that I had a calcium deposit in my right jaw and needed it removed so it wouldnt give me any problems later on in my military career.So,they put me in a medical platoon at MCRD, called BMP(basic marine platoon).I got my surgery around Feb.2010.They made an incision on the inside of my mouth,only to learn that there wasnt a calcium deposit afterall.I wake up with some tube stitched to the bottom of my tongue.2 weeks past and the right side of my jaw swells up to the size of a softball. I go into a second surgery to remove my salivary gland because an infection add set in.2 years later im unable to look up or to my left.Ive done 8 months of physical therapy with no improvement and they put me up on a board,results came back stating that im fit for duty,i put in a appeal,adding a new NMA(non medical assessment),civilian ENT notes,more. Notes from my surgeon,and personal notes from myself and 2 other marines.1 month passes and the VA denied my appeal.Now my command is saying that there gonna just have to admin sept me.I went from being physically fit to getting a surgery i didnt need and always and pain,not able to look up, just going to get separated without any benefits?

Can someone please educate me on how the administration separation works,better yet do I have any other options.
Thanks.

Ps sorry if I missed spelled anything or everything is ran together im doing this via cell phone.

Phantom Blooper
02-21-12, 04:42 PM
Go SEE your congress representative with ALL applicable paperwork.

spotts
02-21-12, 05:05 PM
If you are still in service then the VA had nothing to do with your appeal. You will be able to submit paperwork once you are seperated or close to seperating to find out if you can receive compensation from an injury that was caused or aggravated by your military service.

Rocky C
02-21-12, 06:36 PM
I am trying to give you advice on what to do but I cannot follow your post.

1. You got an X-ray in Boot Camp ?
2. You had surgery in month 2 of Boot Camp ?
3. You went before a Board 8 months later ?
4. Are you Active or Reserve ?
5. Did you have Therapy private or at a Veterans Medical Center ?
6. There is NO WAY you would need your Surgeons notes and written statements from 2 other Marines to put in a claim because if all of this is true it would be in your C-File and that is all that you would need to file a claim for Service-Connected Disability.

Also, fill out Your Profile Marine... I'm going to close this Thread until you do so. Site Rules...

ChuckH
02-22-12, 05:30 AM
Profile filled out, thread reopened.

SeeD013
02-22-12, 09:17 AM
I graduated bootcamp
-they told me i had a smudge on my xray and need to get it checked
-check in to med platoon at mcrd san diego
-get first surgery
-nothing in jaw after all,just a mishap on xray
-infection sets in gets second surgery
-6 months healing
-8 months of therapy at balboa naval hospital -theraoy not helping,put me on PEB
-year later it comes back fit
-appeal fit' findings,
-appeal gets denied
-command wants to admin sep me because they think Ive just been sitting around for 2 years.(had 2 changes of command new XO,CO,SgtMaj,1stSgt,plat.Sgt.all came and went twice, so the new command has no idea whats going on)
I was told i'll be able to send my package back up if my command sends the VA a letter or something,telling the VA to find me unfit.
Just want to know what options I have.

Rocky C
02-22-12, 10:02 AM
Since this is just a mess with all you have written the best advice I can give you is to go to Base Legal tell them what happened and see what they say. Stay, Admin Sep or Med Sep.

Good luck to you and I hope all goes well with your medical condition.
Keep us posted please.

Semper Fi,
Rocky

Riven37
02-26-12, 05:37 AM
First time posting on this site so I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong place.

I arrived at bootcamp in Dec.2009 graduated march2010 and i was told,based on my dental xrays that I had a calcium deposit in my right jaw and needed it removed so it wouldnt give me any problems later on in my military career.So,they put me in a medical platoon at MCRD, called BMP(basic marine platoon).I got my surgery around Feb.2010.They made an incision on the inside of my mouth,only to learn that there wasnt a calcium deposit afterall.I wake up with some tube stitched to the bottom of my tongue.2 weeks past and the right side of my jaw swells up to the size of a softball. I go into a second surgery to remove my salivary gland because an infection add set in.2 years later im unable to look up or to my left.Ive done 8 months of physical therapy with no improvement and they put me up on a board,results came back stating that im fit for duty,i put in a appeal,adding a new NMA(non medical assessment),civilian ENT notes,more. Notes from my surgeon,and personal notes from myself and 2 other marines.1 month passes and the VA denied my appeal.Now my command is saying that there gonna just have to admin sept me.I went from being physically fit to getting a surgery i didnt need and always and pain,not able to look up, just going to get separated without any benefits?

Can someone please educate me on how the administration separation works,better yet do I have any other options.
Thanks.

Ps sorry if I missed spelled anything or everything is ran together im doing this via cell phone.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/justicelawlegislation/a/miljustice.htm