We must remain connected and vigilant lest this happened again. <br />
<br />
<br />
Marine’s suicide is only start of family’s struggle <br />
By Greg Jaffe, Published: February 11 <br />
For most of his 26 years in the...

hbharrison
02-13-12, 10:53 AM
And people say the VA is so good, they don't have to deal with them every day.

Semper Fi Sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Captain Kirk
02-13-12, 11:15 AM
I have been about to have a rage incident over this since I read it this morning. Brings back memories from 44 years ago that provoke rage! i'M GONNA GET MY #11 BOOT RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF SOMEONES S**T TILL i FIND OUT WHAT CAN BE DONE TO PREVENT THIS CRAP FROM HAPPENING AGAIN!!!

kaelobo
02-13-12, 03:35 PM
I know some rangers from rvn, one whos top of skull was blown off, he went make a clam at va they ****ed him off so bad he threaten them and he is bar from va for life, iwent to second 7 week ptsd inpatient program ,ist one was intense but use full 3years ago, this time processing was all about if iwas on illegal drugs swap my mouth wipe my fore head,they grilled me for three days about my mental thoughts or suicide, iam like what is this , they told me that my rating would not be increased because of the program, i told her iam p&t iam here for my mental state of mind ,what a turn around in three years how the va feels about someone who is there for help, not a interrogation, i could see the va was changing to protect there best interest, i feel so sorry for the Young warriors home because ptsd is tracking them only to be activated at the most unexpected time ,its bad for all family involved, you can be the baddest combat Marine here, there is something else badder than you if its not address , that is PTSD . s/f

Captain Kirk
02-13-12, 04:00 PM
I just got turned down on my VA re-evaluation. Can't climb stairs, nearly can walk,can't remember much of anything. lost a kidney, lung and paralyzed left arm and they say I'm still employable.

kaelobo
02-13-12, 04:25 PM
Thats just wrong, iam sure you are more intune with the rating system, i hear stories like yours and i dont get it, i wish you well brother, s/f

Captain Kirk
02-13-12, 05:13 PM
Thanks Bro. Got hold of some Pro's this afternoon who say they can get this reversed ASAP! I hope they are right.

FistFu68
02-13-12, 07:24 PM
:usmc: Now much can any Man take before He finally SNAPS??? :mad: :iwo:

Captain Kirk
02-13-12, 09:34 PM
:usmc: Now much can any Man take before He finally SNAPS??? :mad: :iwo:

YUP! I know just hat you mean.

advanced
02-18-12, 08:48 AM
I feel for you all. It took me 8 years to get my P&T. They labeled me "self-medicating" (beer) because I refused to take their drugs. I also wouldn't go into their lock-down programs. When they asked me did I have flashbacks I said no, I didn't know what they were at the time but I was having them all the time and the VA never explained them to me.

I never tried to play the crazed Vietnam vet role, the shrink said he just thought I was unhappy and I should go back to work. When I took their tests one of the doc's asked me if I was trying to fail the test on purpose. I said I didn't know how to pass or fail it, I just answered it. I told him to ask me any of the questions he was questioning and I'd explain my reasoning. Never did.

I was labeled as a sociopath because I didn't have a problem killing "people." I told them they weren't people they were animals that deserved to die. They don't understand the concept that you kill animals to save "People - our brothers." When they asked me about Hue City and I explained my experiences I was accused of making it sound worse than it was. When I said ya'll don't have a fvcking clue they said I was showing hostility toward them. We then went over my "personality disorder" from my growing up. They claimed I had a personality disorder prior to my coming into the Corps, it really wasn't PTSD. When I asked could they help me get back into that "disorder" because I was happy then I was labeled with being sarcastic.

5-6 years into my ordeal I finally found out why I wasn't getting rated properly. My DAV rep asked me about my CAR. I said I didn't have one. He said they weren't going to rate me 100% combat PTSD without a CAR. I said what about my records and my DD214. He said no CAR no go. I found out the CAR didn't become an award till the month I left the Nam and many of us during my time did not have one. The DAV rep got mine approved after that and I wasn't even aware of it till last spring when Billy and I were talking and afterwards I went through my records and found it. Make sure you all have one.

I finally got my P&T back in 1999 from Bay Pines down here in Pinellas. It was a 2 hour interview and thank God we didn't even go back into the war, just how it was affecting me then.

I almost quit many time with the thoughts of telling them where to stick it, but Marines never quit, do we. Hang in there brothers. S/F

P.S. By the way, I still self-medicate every evening.

kaelobo
02-18-12, 11:51 AM
my last c&p was all about mind gameswhen we finished ,my daughter was outside the room, she ask me what i was yellen about in there, itold her that that doc was a real creep and has no idea what it was like in vn he just and ******* we walk down the hall ,some one says excuse me i turn around its him one more question do you drink i said no, he was behind us when i was M Fing him , but he p$t me anyhow dont figure, s/f

FistFu68
02-18-12, 01:00 PM
:beer: Russ they tried Pulling some Candy Ass Chit on Me,Once upon a time also;sayin' I was Anti Social before I went into the Marine Corps.I looked at this MUTHA F**KER and Saw His Head EXPLODE in tha Depth of My Mind.So I goes is that Right Mr??? Well I don't know when Your Punk Ass went in Doc?But during My Era they did an FBI...Back round Check! I said read that MUTHA F**Ker and See what a Great ChildHood I really Had.I got a Letter and a Call Back from our Regional Hdq's a few weeks Later,and they Apoligished or however tha Hell You spell it? It's like I told those Doc's Tha Green Machine made Me a War Dog,and there ain't no turning a War Dog around after He's K-9 Trained and Tasted Blood!!! Those Pukes who are trying too Judge use Could not Wipe tha Fudge outta our SKIVVIES Russ they are Gutt Less Miserable Human's :beer::iwo:

hbharrison
02-18-12, 01:18 PM
"National Organization of Veterans Advocates" is a good place to start they are a group of Attorneys all over the US that help Vets take on the VA system. And it works!!!!!!!!!!!!

advanced
02-18-12, 02:42 PM
Well, this 100% P&T green killing machine Marine just got back from riding the Indian up to Sarasota. Way too busy for me up there with all the snowbirds. Gonna go take a hot shower with the Ms's and prepare for happy hour, I mean it's almost time for me to self medicate.

Think I'll listen to some George Straight, David A. Cole, and maybe some "Bookends."

nightstalker2
02-23-12, 04:59 PM
well I get on here when I really feeling lost and forgotten. I had a talked with the attorneys and they stated that I need to provide documentation on exactly what happen to me in the big green machine as proof that these stressors cause my ptsd.I was at the clean-up at Mount Fuji fire and and I was in the philappeans when the Gysgt was shot and killed out in the subic bay area, I was really taken back at how the VA can medicate me and then have me sit with various doctors and then tell me after 3 years of trying to help me with panic attacks and depression. they do not believe me about situations that happen in the military. So now I will get statements and talk more about things I try to keep really to myself. My friends sometimes say talking helps well I hope expressing myself here helps

Captain Kirk
02-23-12, 05:49 PM
well I get on here when I really feeling lost and forgotten. I had a talked with the attorneys and they stated that I need to provide documentation on exactly what happen to me in the big green machine as proof that these stressors cause my ptsd.I was at the clean-up at Mount Fuji fire and and I was in the philappeans when the Gysgt was shot and killed out in the subic bay area, I was really taken back at how the VA can medicate me and then have me sit with various doctors and then tell me after 3 years of trying to help me with panic attacks and depression. they do not believe me about situations that happen in the military. So now I will get statements and talk more about things I try to keep really to myself. My friends sometimes say talking helps well I hope expressing myself here helps

Prayers up for Justice Brother.:thumbup:

kaelobo
02-23-12, 07:14 PM
stalker sometimes group at va ,helps me to be around other vets,and a little therapy one on one ,good luck s/f

Warbyrd13
03-01-12, 12:40 PM
I just got turned down on my VA re-evaluation. Can't climb stairs, nearly can walk,can't remember much of anything. lost a kidney, lung and paralyzed left arm and they say I'm still employable.

Have you tried the DAV? Friend of mine gave me thier number n stuff. They have a office in Cinci n Cleveland

Main site:
http://www.dav.org/

Cleveland, Ohio
VA Regional Office
1240 E. 9th St., Rm. 1015
Cleveland, OH 44199
Telephone: 216-522-3507
Send an email (http://www.dav.org/veterans/SendNSOEmail.aspx?ID=O6)

Cincinnati, Ohio
VA Contact Ofc, URS Tower
36 East 7th St., Suite 220
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Telephone: 513-684-2676
Send an email (http://www.dav.org/veterans/SendNSOEmail.aspx?ID=O7)

Captain Kirk
03-01-12, 02:18 PM
Thanks Warbyrd,

I found a very good SO from my Purple Heart chapter. He is all over it.

Warbyrd13
03-01-12, 03:00 PM
Buddy is permantly retired since he had a Anerysism. He has a contact there in FL that helps him out so its good that ppl are helping him out.

PANTHER50
03-17-12, 06:01 AM
I see vets every day work on under the table jobs tell va they can not work, cut there wrist just bad enought to bleed a little and VA eats this sh#$ up.I know one of them and he brags about a 38 GAF SCORE.There is not anything wrong with this guy! That said. I SEE vets with PTSD and other problems due to there military service. VA is doing very little to help these vets. I Will say that there are some good Doc's at VA .and most of them are Vets!! When they need to be told I tell them how full of sh@#$ they are. They are afraid of civilian doctors!
John J

nightstalker2
07-01-12, 07:10 PM
fellows I found a lawyer who had me get the news clipping and I contacted one fellow marine and now he says he can make something happen I just pray that it happen before my number is called. Today i found that my brother retired navy corpsman only 46 just die of stomach cancer. He was also a gulf war vet and live in the sand box for while with the fires of the oil wells smoking. I hope I fair better than he. I had to fly to Oxnard, Ca to see him in better days found out of the cancer in april and departed in July. I seen death in all forms but this is the worsts. His daughters are do better than one can expect. god bless his wife and kids.