PDA

View Full Version : MOS start dates

GregDenison
02-09-12, 03:44 PM
I'm new to all this but here goes. My son is currently at MCRDPI, graduating on April 13th. After 10 days leave, he reports to Camp Geiger for 9 weeks of Infantry training which means he will graduate on June 22nd. His MOS is 8152 (MCSF). How do we find out when he will complete MOS school?

Lisa 23
02-09-12, 04:04 PM
You won't. When he does finally get to his MOS school, he'll be in what's called a student hold status (at least that's what it was called when I was in) until there are enough to make a class.
As I mention to everyone else....just take it one step at a time. And being that it seems like he hasn't been at MCRDPI long with his graduation date being 13 April, he still has a lot of boot camp ahead of him to go through.

Phantom Blooper
02-09-12, 04:06 PM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101085

SGT7477
02-09-12, 06:10 PM
You won't. When he does finally get to his MOS school, he'll be in what's called a student hold status (at least that's what it was called when I was in) until there are enough to make a class.
As I mention to everyone else....just take it one step at a time. And being that it seems like he hasn't been at MCRDPI long with his graduation date being 13 April, he still has a lot of boot camp ahead of him to go through.
Whew alot of things can happen,Semper Fidelis.:flag:

jclarke
02-16-12, 09:06 AM
We received a letter from our Marine's CO about the graduation date. I went the day before, which I did at MCRD PI, Camp Geiger and his MOS (mainly to recon which building's for what time). If you can get there the day before, go to Camp LeJeune's main gate to get a 2-day pass to Camp Johnson. You'll need to call your Marine (or text him/her) to have them call the Visitor's Center to "sponser" you for the pass.

Also, the Liberty Inn, whch is between the two gates is pretty nice, reasonable rates ($70.00 one nite), close to Subway, 2 Mexican restaraunt's, BK and McDonald's.

Below is an email address for MOS at Camp Johnson. He's good in responding, and just as about your Marine and the graduation.
acctmccsss_supschool@usmc.mil