PDA

View Full Version : Possible Mobilization?

TheJester
11-09-03, 08:45 PM
I'm currently a 92day Reservist attending college, I just completed Boot camp in August, and was scheduled to complete MOS school and MCT this summer. On Saturday our CO told us that we had been put on notice for mobilization in Jan/Feb. We were also told that the chances were high of us actually getting deployed since we were not part of the intial 75% of the 4th LSB that was activated in this past Jan(they were deactivated in Aug) . My question is if my unit is activated, will they activate me and then send me to school and then have me rejoin my unit after my training is completed or would I just get left behind? (I've heard scuttlebutt that they will leave 50 of 150 of us behind).

greensideout
11-09-03, 09:33 PM
I don't know the answer to your question but will say that you have had more training then most sent to other wars such as WW II and Korea.

Don't you want to go?

TheJester
11-09-03, 09:52 PM
Without I doubt I want to go, Cpl. I expressed my concerns to My Platoon Sergeant at the ball and he had me express them to my Platoon Commander. They said they would check into it, but I just want to make sure that I'm doing everything I can to make myself available.

greensideout
11-09-03, 10:03 PM
Well Jester, you sure as hell sound like a Marine ! :)
Just let them know what you want to do, but remember that they will make the call.

Good luck and keep your powder dry Marine.

Semper Fi

TheJester
11-09-03, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the compliments and encouragement, Cpl

- Semper Fi

Doc Crow
11-10-03, 12:38 AM
Jester what ever you do be safe and come home. Keep your wits and remember your training and make sure you listen to the Platoon Sgt and the Squad Leader. I was a 2nd class in Panama and Desert Storm senior to many Marines but always listened to those who were the experts. It kept me alive.

Semper Fi

TheJester
11-10-03, 06:25 AM
Thanks for the advice doc, Although I'm really not senior to anyone :) I will ensure I keep my ears open.

- Semper Fi

Mudwalker
11-10-03, 06:55 AM
Jester,

There is the possibility, a very good one, that you will deploy. They will probably take you even though you have not gone to school. You will get plenty of OJT, On the Job Training. It will be up to you to learn everything you can. I have seen this done plenty of times and you will be fine. Your fellow Marines will take care of you. Your unit should be able to tell you what their plans are for the New Guys. Good Luck.

:marine:

sirmess1
11-10-03, 03:45 PM
Hey, MY cousin was like you, a 92day reservist 0341 last spring. However, the war started and his unit (2/25) got deployed. So they send him off to ITB. He graduated from ITB and was given orders to go back home. But that was him, you might be different. I am a reservist too, about to graduate from MOS school. Don't know if I am going to get activated either.