PDA

View Full Version : Marines had better watch out...

O.R. Davis
02-03-12, 11:05 AM
First the Navy adopted the Marine uniform, and then, assumed the "First in Last Out" status, and now the Navy "Seals" are being used instead of Marines. Why is that?

acg8276
02-03-12, 11:23 AM
Obama and Panetta like the glitz and glamor of the Seal's and the "special op's" appeal. Have you seen the trailer for the new Seal movie coming out? Seems plausible the powers that be may have an interest in how well the movie does??? They have had some success and it allows the CIC to improve his image as more hawkish.

The Marines are doing thier thing, just staying below the radar. As it should be.

As far as others using our credos. To me imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

But your right, we need to watch our backs. The boys on the hill might think they can live without us. Politics is an ugly business.

thewookie
02-03-12, 01:11 PM
now the Navy "Seals" are being used instead of Marines. Why is that?

I think the SEAL's are getting their usual large slice of the "Tier 1 operations" pie. These high profile missions we are hearing about aren't what the Corps was gonna get anyway.

What else would the SEAL's be used for if they didn't get the best gigs? Thinking from an economic standpoint -- think about what we spend per SEAL, never-mind what the US Government has invested in their equipment and instructors.

Now, if I was Army Delta I might be more concerned.

The Corps is still very good at we do.

Zulu 36
02-03-12, 03:02 PM
I think the SEAL's are getting their usual large slice of the "Tier 1 operations" pie. These high profile missions we are hearing about aren't what the Corps was gonna get anyway.

What else would the SEAL's be used for if they didn't get the best gigs? Thinking from an economic standpoint -- think about what we spend per SEAL, never-mind what the US Government has invested in their equipment and instructors.

Now, if I was Army Delta I might be more concerned.

The Corps is still very good at we do.

I've noticed Delta hasn't been very active, but they've tended to be more secretive than SEALS. However, I wonder if they are being held in reserve for domestic operations. I don't mean to screw the American population over, I mean to respond to terrorist incidents within the US. Delta also tends to concentrate more on things like planes, trains, and buildings for hostage rescue.