PDA

View Full Version : 4th MarDiv meritorious promotion requirement question

EastofWest18
02-02-12, 06:11 AM
Good morning Marines,

I have a question for all of you out there. Right now, I have a copy of the Meritorious Promotion requires for the 4th MarDiv (Div0 1420.1H) revised as of 2007. There is no mention of CFT minimum scores. Actually, there is no mention of the CFT at all.

Does anyone out there know if the 4th MarDiv meritorious promotion manual has been updated to include CFT scores? The most recent document my Company has on file is the document referenced above.

Thanks Marines.

Turbogus
02-03-12, 09:06 AM
I didn't ask annnny questions when I won my meritorious E5. However I do recall that the order was signed by the Inspector General during his vistit to the unit I was with. Back in those days (80's) the cutting scores were astronomical, the Corps being topheavy in rank it seemed.
The thing was though, as a corporal I did nothing other than my job. I never complained or whined about it, like I see so many kids do these days out on the street. I held my CO in the highest regard even before this promotion as I knew he was mustanged while serving in Vietnam. God Bless you Col. Okerman, wherever you are!