PDA

View Full Version : Repost, My DD214MC is old and grizzled, like me

Turbogus
01-31-12, 06:46 PM
Semper Fi all,
Now that I completed the details of my profile.
No hero am I, did a stint of active duty in the late '70's then the reserve thereafter. Now I'm finally getting to the point (now that I'm pritnear 50) of buying a home and I'm trying to read this corrupt image of my 214 from the fische I was issued upon my seperation for the purposes of getting some available help from the VA. I know I can request an official copy from Kansas City (or whereever they're keeping recoords these days) but basically all I'm hoping for is an enhanced image of the line items "Record of Sevice", this'll help me fill out the 409-ME for Oregon.
I've been serching on the web for examples but can't seem to detirmine the headers of each line.
Does anyone have an image or can describe what those headers are under the Record of Service section?
Thanks and a lift of the boonie lynch lid for your responses.

Parks
01-31-12, 07:05 PM
Friendly neighborhood Admin Marine at your service!

Do you just need an explanation of each line or do you need a digitally enhanced image?

Turbogus
02-01-12, 09:01 AM
Well, what do you know? Seems I had presence of mind last time I used the public library's fische reader to do a lighter print of my DD 214 that I can actually read. Still plenty of distortion, but it appears to say the following;

15 DATE ENTERED ACTIVE
DUTY THIS PERIOD

RECORD OF SERVICE

(a) NET ACTIVE SERVICE THIS PERIOD
(b) PRIOR ACTIVE SERVICE
(c) TOTAL ACTIVE SERVICE (a + b)
(d) PRIOR INACTIVE SERVICE
(e) TOTAL SERVICE FOR PAY (c + d)
(f) FOREIGN AND/OR SEA SERVICE THIS PERIOD

Does this all look familiar? The typed in entries are nice and clear as they double stroked on their typewriter when they closed my file in '85, it's just the small faint font of the form itself that I was struggling with.

Apache
02-01-12, 11:05 AM
Welcome aboard Marine
Pull up a footlocker and grab a beer

Turbogus
02-01-12, 06:10 PM
Das Trinken, das soll man nicht lassen,
Das Trinken regiert doch die Welt,
Man soll auch den Menschen nicht hassen,
Der stehts eine Lage bestellt.
Ob Bier oder Wein, ob Champagner,
Nur laĆŸt uns beim Trinken nicht prahlen,'
Es trank den Champagner schon mancher,
Und konnt ihn nachher nicht bezahlen.
Trink, trink bruderlein trink
Laeh doch die Sorgen zu Haus!
Trink, trink bruderlein trink!
:beer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOPCPEd9XaM&feature=related

Turbogus
02-01-12, 06:28 PM
...now just have to wait and hear back from my boss to see if my post service emplyment will remain solvent so I can buy my first home with the VA's help.