PDA

View Full Version : checking in late to soi?

utahsam686
01-31-12, 11:29 AM
Good morning marines. I have missed my flight to san Diego from phoenix and am now probably going to be late checking in. I still need to get to uso and change over to my service alphas and take the shuttle up to pendleton. I have already called the student administration desk. Am I going to be
in a lot of trouble? Is this bad for me what will happen?

MOS4429
01-31-12, 11:36 AM
Sam, so let me see if I got this picture. You missed your plane, called the SAD, but you are sitting in an airport and just happened to come across leatherneck.com, signed up, and posted this question?

How did that all come about?

utahsam686
01-31-12, 11:41 AM
Well I have been on this site before when I was a poole but haven't been on it since I've en out of boot so I made a new profile as marine. I couldn't find out how to switch my status from poole to marine.

MOS4429
01-31-12, 11:47 AM
Very good. Well, you PM Sgt Lep to have your profile changed over to Marine. You should PM him and let him know you have now created two profiles, and he will have an idea how to resolve that.

So you graduated on 20 January from Hotel Company. Who was your commanding officer and your DI's?

iamspartacus
01-31-12, 11:57 AM
"technically" you have until midnight of the date listed on your orders to check into your new unit/assignment. You may be a little behind the power curve as far as your fellow students, but if you make it in before then it's not like they aren't going to NJP you. They may give you some crap though... but, welcome to the Marine Corps. Get use to it.

Marine1011
01-31-12, 12:01 PM
utah, i wonder if while you had them on the phone, did you ask them what would happen and if you would be in trouble? you could always call them back and get their info on that. Just a thought. What are you doing right now, on your way there as you type or waiting for transportation, you could call them again and ask them, they would have more info about consequences than we would. Good luck to you tho

Marine1011
01-31-12, 12:02 PM
And do you have that info handy for mos4429 about the unit and DIs. If yourememory is anything like mine, you would not have it off the top of your head but being so recent it might be fresh in your mind. Anywayy, good luck and I hope you dont end up in any kind of trouble

EastofWest18
01-31-12, 12:07 PM
Have fun doing Camp Guard for two or three weeks before you get put in a class... That's what they were doing with late Marines this time last year when I was showing up. You may also get NJP if you get in past midnight, but you will almost certainly not be going straight into a class.

Marine1011
01-31-12, 12:15 PM
MOS never got the unit info he was looking for. Musta forgot.

Lisa 23
01-31-12, 12:47 PM
Just curious...how did you miss your flight from Phoenix to San Diego?

Apache
01-31-12, 02:51 PM
What ? No Brig time ?
Must know somebody-----

Back in the day Brig time counted against leave time------

JUST PULLIN YOUR CORD MARINE