View Full Version : Msg Duty - Need Information

JordanH
01-22-12, 01:17 PM
Hello all I am looking into MSG duty. Heres a little background about myself

Been in for over 2 years.
LCpl (picking up Cpl next month)
0621 Field Radio Operator
Stationed at Cherry Point, NC

I'm a very physically fit Marine and one of my main concerns is if I will still have a gym to go to and train. I'm trying to get into personal training or some sort of bodybuilding after Corps, so staying in tip top shape is a must for me.

What has your MSG experience been like? Weekends off? I would expect is probably a lot of hours a day and atleast 5 days a week. Any info for this devildog would be great.

Beltayn
01-22-12, 02:21 PM
I sent you a PM back.

Yes there will always be a gym, and sometimes a local fitness club the Marines will have a membership to.

Duty schedule fluctuates, and I won't get into specifics for OPSEC reasons, but someone still needs to stand duty during the weekend. Shifts last approximately 8 hours, so the day is divided into 3.

Tennessee Top
01-22-12, 03:44 PM
Do a search Devil Dog; been covered here a few times.

And, read this book: "Ambassadors In Blue The Marine Security Guard Program". Will answer most of your questions (can order from Amazon.com).

Send me a PM if you want; been on the program twice and also worked at the schoolhouse in Quantico (Operations Chief).

Good luck.

Wood5831
01-27-12, 08:02 PM
I sent you a PM back.

Yes there will always be a gym, and sometimes a local fitness club the Marines will have a membership to.

Duty schedule fluctuates, and I won't get into specifics for OPSEC reasons, but someone still needs to stand duty during the weekend. Shifts last approximately 8 hours, so the day is divided into 3.
Best person to ask is right above. My experience is a little outdated from 96-99.