PDA

View Full Version : Accompanied Orders to Oki...what to pack

Weezy
01-21-12, 11:47 AM
If anyone has had accompanied orders to Japan, where can I go to view a list of items to bring and what not to bring.

Only items that really matter:
50" Plasma
Cooking ware

Thank you,
Semper Fi

SGT7477
01-21-12, 12:07 PM
Wow that's all, you just as well sneak the wife over,lol,Semper Fidelis.

Yonkers
01-21-12, 12:11 PM
Tooth brush.

Other then that.. everything that you should need will be here. Take as many personal things you may have such as pictures to hang up.. blankets.. that sort of thing. Maybe I'll see ya here.

Best of luck to ya,

LCpl Yonkers

Conch
01-21-12, 12:28 PM
You can't bring your car to Japan if you have one. The Japanese don't let left hand drive cars in to the country. Also if you get a car while your in Japan, you can't bring it back to the States, you gotta sell it before you leave Japan. But I'm sure you know that already. :marine:

Have fun out there and good luck. I wish I would have got stationed in Japan.

Kegler300
01-21-12, 02:18 PM
Go to TMO...they have a list of authorized items you can ship. I don't think you can ship large household items such as a refrigerator, washer, dryer...or a car.

SGT7477
01-21-12, 02:18 PM
Must have changed when I was on the rock there were quite few there,Semper Fidelis.

Conch
01-21-12, 03:58 PM
If anyone has had accompanied orders to Japan, where can I go to view a list of items to bring and what not to bring.

Only items that really matter:
50" Plasma
Cooking ware

Thank you,
Semper Fi

As far as the plasma, its probably gonna be damaged. Hate to tell you that, but they usually can't be laid down from what I understand, and I'm sure you know already. Plus, if it does survive the move, you'll need to get a transformer box to use to it out there. You also can't bring a washer and dryer from what my little brother said. He's in the Navy and stationed at Yokosuka. Houses in Japan are a lot smaller than US houses.

Quinbo
01-22-12, 05:25 AM
You get a short pack and a long pack. Short pack is items that you will immediately need on arrival. Long pack is the rest of your junk. You direct what goes on what list but pillows blankets towels and dishes should be on your short pack. Then there is the really short pack .... the crap you take with you on the plane. Uniforms top of the list, then clothing and hygiene items, laptop and important documents and passports. You'll have a hotel till you find a place to stay so don't worry about the tv. Request a sponsor .... they are there and know who what where when and why.

Yonkers
01-22-12, 06:24 AM
You get a short pack and a long pack. Short pack is items that you will immediately need on arrival. Long pack is the rest of your junk. You direct what goes on what list but pillows blankets towels and dishes should be on your short pack. Then there is the really short pack .... the crap you take with you on the plane. Uniforms top of the list, then clothing and hygiene items, laptop and important documents and passports. You'll have a hotel till you find a place to stay so don't worry about the tv. Request a sponsor .... they are there and know who what where when and why.

Make sure you have your orders and of course ID at all times, you'll get through customs no problem on American side, but will have to play a bit of sherades once you get here. You will get here and be greeted at the airport by a Marine (most likely a LCpl if he's still the same guy) and he will take you by bus to JRC. I'm not sure how accompanied orders effect this, you may not have to go through quite the same thing. Make sure you have your uniforms (cammies and alphas are most important) You may not have to check in in alphas or you may have to, it all depends on the unit.

If you need further assistance you can private message me and I'll give you my number for here once you get a phone. I suggest getting one from softbank as it's what everyone uses around here and its free to call eachother on the same phone company.

Best of luck to you,

LCpl Yonkers