PDA

View Full Version : Recruiters Assistance as a reservist

EastofWest18
01-12-12, 09:03 PM
Good Evening Marines,

Have any Reserve Marines done any RA? I am not talking about on boot leave, but after you have been drilling for a while. I know my company had a Marine who did it for almost a year a while back (he only came to drill for PFT, Gas/Swim, and Rifle Range). He was on RA for a year, I am only looking to do a week. I am wondering about how anyone here may have liked the experience.

I am considering asking to do RA for a week to try to boost my cutting score (USMCR cutting scores are crazy for Cpl.). There is a recruiting office two blocks from where I live, and the Marine who recruited me is SNCOIC of a RSS 20 minutes from me. Additionally, I have plenty of military leave saved up from my Civilian job, so taking a week to do this isn't a problem.

Rah, and thanks in advance
EastofWest18

TheReservist
01-12-12, 09:10 PM
This needs to be signed off on by both your unit and the recruiting station. The recruiting station will most likely be the harder part as they will be the ones whose pocket the money comes out of.

Also, I doubt that they would have you do it for a week as it may take that long just to spin you up and get the orders made for that.

Yonkers
01-13-12, 03:26 AM
This needs to be signed off on by both your unit and the recruiting station. The recruiting station will most likely be the harder part as they will be the ones whose pocket the money comes out of.

Also, I doubt that they would have you do it for a week as it may take that long just to spin you up and get the orders made for that.

And you MUST be active.. as in you better be getting results or you're out of there.. simple as that.